layout

Friday, March 07, 2008

Un-loved Sheep

John 2:17 “Feed my sheep.”

“Jesus’s point is….Don’t testify about how much you love Me and don’t talk about the wonderful revelation you have had, just “Feed My sheep”. Jesus has some extraordinarily peculiar sheep; some that are unkempt and dirty, some that are awkward or pushy, and some that have gone astray! But it is impossible to exhaust God’s love.”
~My Utmost For His Highest

This was in my devotional today. I actually was running late this morning and wasn’t able to read it until my 2nd block class. Oh my 2nd block class, they are a misfit group of freshmen to the world and to me. And their immaturity weighs on my last nerve EVERYDAY. And today was no different. I truly do think of them as souls for Christ but it is just so hard to love on them after immature comments unending and having to tell them to be quite every 5 minutes, explaining the same thing 20 times over because no one had the sense to listen when I said it the first time. AHHHH, I just get so frustrated with them. And then I read this and I was convicted. I am so quick to write on here about all the different things and revelations God is giving me……because I truly am so excited about them. But that isn’t what God asks me to do is it? I’m not here to enlighten the world the way God enlightens me….He just wants me to feed his sheep, love on the misfits, and serve those that no one else wants to serve. I’ve already gotten to share the gospel with 4 of them, I find it easy to talk the talk….hah, if only that were enough. I need to refocus and not just TELL them of this great love, I have to show them.

No comments: