layout

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

38 weeks (weight to be updated later, sorry forgot)

Well, this may just be the last update before our beautiful baby girl is born! So weird! I can honestly say, I'm getting nervous. As I sat in the exam room yesterday at my last OB checkup on that oh-so-familiar plastic bed/chair I got a little scared. The next time I'll be in that hospital will be to get poked and proded with IVs and Spinals, then sliced open to become a mother, the scariest of all the realizations I had that day. It was sobering to say the least. I'm so excited. Justin and I try to prepare ourselves daily..."what would we be doing if Charleigh was here right now?" We always try to imagine how our lives will change with her here. But we KNOW that we can never truly imagine how "inconvenient" a little needy baby will be until she arrives. I'm ready to be inconvenienced...so ready. I'm about to start my new job...I can't wait!

This last week has been full and fun. Happy Birthday to...well, EVERYONE! Justin's mom's birthday was on Thursday so we had an honorary steak dinner. My husband likes his steaks pretty raw and tries so hard to cook ours until it's brown, they were delicious and Justin assured us that if we turn off the dinning room lights, they don't look red at all ;) haha, we got a laugh out of that!

Here is Jus helping Big Mama blow out her candles...which he does at everyone's birthday parties, unfortunately he usually blows them out before the guest of honor can (sorry for all those years Jo). I'm going to make sure I train him before Charleigh turns one.
Here is the Coffee Cozy I made her. It fits perfectly on any Starbucks coffee cup. Now she doesn't have to use those crappy paper ones that come on the cups, like they work anyway!
I wrote a birthday message on top an added a gift card to Starbucks.
After that excitement, we spent the rest of the weekend celebrating some kiddie birthdays. Jeremy and Kristen's little boy Nathan had a GI Joe party with giant water slide and cute camo cakes! I am really crudy at taking pictures unless Justin is there to remind me so...sorry bout that. But later that day we went to Ben and Sam's boys' birthday party too. Hayes turned 4 and Cade turned 1. Justin was back by this time and took over the camera, so we DID get some pictures there!

I made Nathan and Hayes Bama pillowcases since their families are hardcore Alabama fans. I just LOVED the houndstooth accent on these, so cute, yet so Bear Bryant!

And for Cade I made a homemade bib with houndstooth on one side and Alabama fabric on the other. And he had to have a sippy cup to match, so I appliqued a houndstooth "C" on the Bama fabric as well.
Charleigh is picking a busy month to be born in. All these cute little boys have September birthdays plus our friends Matt and Kristen have a little girl, Vivian, who will be turning 2 just days after Charleigh is born as well! WOOO! Happy Birthday everyone!

On to CRAFTS! Here is the finished "clothing organizer" for Charleigh's room. I'm hoping to be organized enough to use it :)
We've also decided NOT to do the canopy in Charleigh's room. I just wasn't feeling it. So, I'm going back to my original plan...we are going to upgrade to a nicer, slightly bigger chandelier and hang it in the middle of her room instead of over her crib :) We are still looking for the perfect one. My husband calls me the other day from work (where they also sell lighting) and tells me he's found the PERFECT chandelier for her and that I have to come see it. It was the most sparkly thing you have ever seen! And so cute...and also $3000.00...really Justin, you shouldn't dangle sparkly things in front of me like that :(

For Labor Day Justin and I decided to spend some time together, just us before the baby comes. He loves to fish and well...I'm not loving to do ANYTHING right now because of discomfort soo...we went fishing! Well, I just sat there trying to catch some sun, eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches and browsing on my iPhone. Plus, I was the photographer for our little outting. Here is Justin in action:
First catch!
Second catch!
Third catch!
And then, Charleigh reminded us of her presence and I had to go to the bathroom...badly! So we called it a day...well, we stopped by Paw Paw and GrandMaMa's to drop off the boat, then headed home for a long nap, then put on our college football apparel in order to get a free chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-a! I wanted to wear FSU gear as we were headed to watch the game but none of my Florida State clothes fit me at the moment sooo, the longhorns, by default, got my support that day ;) I DO love the Longhorns! So, anyway, we headed to Ben and Sam's to watch the Fl. State/Miami game...which I would like to NOT comment on at the moment...except to say, COME ON SECONDARY!!! Gosh! At least Texas and Auburn got wins under their belts :)
Okay, so to end on an exciting note (exciting to me is not necessarily exciting to you). I've become obsessed with these little pettiskirts (thank you Rae Leytham!). They are basically like TuTu's but WAYYY better because they are sooo full and soft and just darn girly! I knew that I HAD to learn how to make them so, I set out yesterday to the fabric store...bought my supplies and calculated and re-calculated the appropriate measurements for a newborn baby. And Ta Da:
It's hard to tell the size and deminsions of it in the picture but just know, it's REALLLLL little for baby Charleigh to wear in her newborn pictures!
The only way I could be sure that it would be perfect on her was to find a model approximately her size....hmmmmm....well, Prissy IS 8 lbs!
Woo Hoo! It fit! I can't wait to make more, even fluffier!
Okay, so Dr. Mehta said I was about 50% effaced but not dialated at all so, that means we are pretty sure little Charleigh girl won't be here before Monday :) We go see Dr. Maher on Friday to get her last measurements!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I love the pettiskirt!!! I can't wait to see Newborn photos! How precious that will be!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi, you are soo cute!!! I can't believe it's that time already! TOMORROW she will be here...I can't wait to see the photos and hear all your stories of life with sweet Charleigh girl! Praying for you guys tomorrow!