layout

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sensory overload...

Wow, I feel like I haven't posted a REAL blog in FOREVER. And I guess I really haven't. In no way will I be able to recap all that has happened over the last few weeks but gosh darnit, I'll try!

So I became a school teacher, I believe that's where I left off.........
I'm loving the whole teaching thing. Well, I love it when I am actually able to teach someone something, you know, just by giving them that tiny bit of knowledge that day, I've made them a better person, just a little bit more prepared to face life. And when you finally put all those little bits together, you have some pretty smart kids. The only thing I don't like so much about teaching is having to be mean. I hate being mean. But I've learned the hard way that nice teachers get taken advantage of. I end up yelling a lot more when I let them get away with little things..........so I have to start nipping those little things in the bud from now on. Pray for my meaness to come through! =)

Ok other than that, early last month Audge finally returned from CIY for the summer. I was so excited to see her. I really do love that girl! We got to chill at the beach and hang out around my house. It was a much needed roomate reunion. During which we decided that for our birth month (October, our birthdays are much too important to merely celebrate one lousy day) we are going to spend an entire day at the Portofino spa.....and get the WORKS!!! Can you imagine how stinking fun that is gonna be. Justin (financial backer)is in support of this idea so, it looks like it's a go! SWEET!
Not long after Audge got in Jill also drove down for the weekend. Plus my sweet little Ashley! So Jill, Tori and I threw Ash a bridal shower which was so fun. It turned out great and we are seriously the BEST cake decorators of all time. That night we all gathered for a little cookout at Kristi and Ruco's to celebrate Jillian's golden birthday. And then unfortunately Jill and Ash had to leave town the very next morning =(

So then that next Friday was Pace's little kickoff classic game. It was a jamboree type game where all the teams got to play a quarter or two. It made me realize how much I miss and LOVE high school football. The lights, the smells, the cheerleaders, the annoying guy in the stands right behind you with an air-horn.......yeah, all that! Toby, Kurt, Dallas, Megan and Tucker accompanied us and cheered on our Patriots. The game itself wasn't the most interesting (we won) but mine and Megan's adventures around the field were quite a hoot. Note to self: go to the bathroom BEFORE you go to the Pace game........Meg and I decided we needed to go and as we walked through the 100 degree heat outside we soon realized that an enclosed, non air-conditioned bathroom full of 12 or so colorguard girls is 120 degrees! Regardless we took our place in our respective stalls only for me to hear Megan calling for me. I barely heard her over the screams and yells of the hyperactive girls but I quickly realized she need toilet paper. I felt her pain and so I tried my hardest to pull up my pants and get to her. Well, blue jeans don't really just slide on up that easily when you are sweating to the 10th power, so it took me a while, a long while to even leave my own stall. But I did eventually come to the rescue and we made it safely out of there with a covenant never to go in again.

Speaking of Megan, I stinking LOVE her! It's scary how alike we are. We just laugh hysterically all the friggin time. She's a cute little blonde primp with a yorkie (imagine that) name Louie who is now offically Prissy's boyfriend!
Okay so when I'm not arranging playdates with Prissy and Louie, I've started a bible study for high school girls at my house at 7 on Tuesday nights. Wow, it is going fabulously! The girls are loving it, I'm so happy, I knew this was a good video series we were doing, but goodness, these girls are calling me and emailing me off the hook in between lessons to get more information. Plus, more girls have come every Tuesday, it's growing so well. It really makes my heart smile to think that even one of them will make the right decisions in their dating life, and partake in the overflowing blessings God gives with it! (Stop and say a little prayer for this bible study if you don't mind, God is doing amazing things!)

Okay so then somewhere in the midst of all that little Jen Johnson got married (that's audrey's sis). It was a beautiful wedding and me, Tori and Danielle got to spend some time together. It kind of reminded me of freshman year at FSU when I first met those girls. Danielle is so much fun. I forgot that. She makes me laugh, I'll have to keep in touch with her better. So that same night Justin had all the youth guys over for their monthly bashing party, UFC that is. They stay up and fight until the wee hours of the morn and then crash in our living room until we wake them up the next morning and drag them to church, it's a well oiled machine.

Alright, then we had another Pace football game which was 10 times better than the little jamboree thing we had. It was a full-fledged blown out GAME. We won yet again, and I just love seeing my kiddies walking around fully painted in red white and blue, rootin' on the Patriots. I'm prepared for next game with my Pace Football tee that I personally dolled up with rhinestones! Oh yeah, and the pep rally was AWESOME, I miss those too.

And that brings us to this week, yay, I knew we'd get here soon enough. So Monday was labor day, Thank God. Jus and I we're bored so we just jumped in the car and basically drove around looking for fun places to stop, we hit the usual hot spots like Wal-mart and Home Depot, Waffle house, etc. Then we came back home and took a nap. I think the best time we spend together is napping, is that sad. I just love napping with that kid. But the nap didn't last long cause everybody started showing up at our door to watch the Florida State/Miami game (which we, of course, WON!) Kurt, toby, Dallas, Megan, Tucker, Laura and Jeff all packed themselves in to enjoy the festivities. Keep Laura, Jeff and little Lane (their baby to be) in your prayers, she has been experiencing pre-labor pains and contractions. Luckily, they are in the clear after this Saturday, and hopefully little Lane will be here so I can be his God mother, I have yet to inform Laura that I WILL be his god mother and shower him with gifts and affection!

Tonight Megan and I decided we wanted to join the Olive Baptist choir. So we tromped our little paths into the practice, announced our presence and then realized this thing was two hours long rather than one like we thought. We didn't know any of the songs and actually giggled more than we sang. I think we will try it again next week, but things aren't looking to bright for us + the choir. I think they should give us our duet singing "Does he love you" by Reba MacEntire and be done with it!

Love you all and miss those of you whom I don't get to see very often =(

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hey, did you ever make it in time to meet ryan for the riding lawnmower? haha lol!