layout

Monday, November 06, 2006

Halloween and Marriage!

Alrighty, Halloween was a blast. Other than the fact that our pumpkins that we slaved and sweated over crinkled, withered, smushed, and grew hairy mold after 2 days!!! Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?

I'm so glad we live in a cool neighborhood with tons of kids. Toby came over as her hillbilly, bucked teeth, big butted self and we set up our station on my front porch. I bought more candy than an army of crazy little ghosts and goblins could ever want. Purely for the sheer joy of being able to say, "take as much as you want" to the kiddies and seeing their faces light up with sugar high dreams! Oh and they did! I was a knockout for halloween this year, no really a KNOCKOUT......

Scary I know! Well I'm sure most of you enjoyed Prissy's first Halloween costume we modeled in our previous post. But due to the fact that she stands completely still when she is dressed as wonder woman (i think it has something to do with the insane stuffed arms that are not usually present in day to day life), we decided to wear her backup outfit on the actual halloween night. (what, you know your dog has more than one costume..........right?) haha, a girl can't wear just one dress to the party huh? so I now present to you Paris Hilton in all her glory.......

Yeah her glasses are called Doggles, made for dogs, them suckers won't come off if she shakes to the tenth power! Her boyfriend Louie has his studded Leather jacket too, I figured we could call him Colin Farrel, or any of the Hollywood bad boys. Paris needs a date ya know. Anyway, I loved sitting out there for hours talking to all the kids, even if we couldn't understand what they were saying. A lot of the teachers that I work with also live in our subdivision so I got to see them and all their kids. Justin decided he fervently enjoyed his Freddie Kruger mask last year and though we tried to find another scary mask that would be just as fun, we did not succeed. He went with what worked I guess. It was the funniest when Toby and I finally came back inside and just left the huge bucket of candy on the porch, hoping the last little trick or treaters would just grab what was left..........we would hear little voices at the door, then squeals of joy when they realized no one was there to supervise which granted permission to dump the whole thing into their respective baggies. Right at that moment, when they thought they were getting away with all the goodies......justin would open the door (in his business suit and a Freddie Kruger mask) and scare the daylights out of them. hahahhaa

Well, while Halloween was tons of fun, I have other big news to share. Sharry is married!! yay! Yes, this weekend we traveled to Bama and participated in all the wedding festivities. The wedding went off without a hitch. It was beautiful and lots of fun. We got my mom to do the Macarena (sp?), and Josh (the groom) to do the cha cha slide..........Note to self: Josh needs Cha cha lessons after the honeymoon. I'm an idiot and didn't take any pictures with my own camera, so I will have to depend on others and the photographer to give me some........I'll be sure to post them then!

4 comments:

Renegade said...

Definitely a knockout! Nice blog.

Please visit Renegade's BS

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

WOO-HOO! YOU are a knockout and prissy's not so bad herself! I cant wait to see the pics from Sher-bears wedding! im sure it was beautiful and such a special time for you guys! I love you!

Heather said...

Awww...thanks for thinking of Rhett and I. I bet her house is very pretty, but we really think this second house is THE one!! We're just real excited about it! We've got awhile till it's done (should be done by April)and we can't wait! I heard ya'll were moving too! Good luck with all that!

The Leys said...

Girl you are BEHIND! Halloweeeeeeen? Cmon! I need some reading material!! :)