layout

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Woah, long time......


I started this post with the intention of uploading picture galore......tree, lights, presents.....the whole she-bang. But I'll have to get those on here later. But here is a Christmas Card for all to enjoy (Justin and I are truly trying to see if we can "out-tacky" ourselves every year).



The best I can do is leave you with the cutest Christmas story I've heard and the funniest clip I've been emailed. First we'll hit on the cute story:

So, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law have just been called to move (again). After much prayer and trying their hardest to stay where they were, God called a little louder and...they moved. The only problem was that they had no where to live in this "new city" and their house in the "old city" wouldn't sell. The new church he is working for offered to let them stay in a house on church property until they can get their affairs in order, or until the house was needed by the church. After a few months of this, they were getting a bit stressed...."Was this truly what God intended for them to do? Wouldn't he tie up all these loose ends if he called them there?" To make matters worse the church had to let them know the house was needed and they would need to be out by the end of the month. I can imagine how much stress they were in, new city, new job, new friends, no relatives, a three year old, no house, well, a house they weren't using.......ahhhh! But it never fails, God comes through in the clinch and their house sold a couple weeks before they needed to be out, so in the hustle and bustly of closing on a house (in a city far far away may I add) and travelling back and forth to move out, plus doing this new (very important) job, and moving in a NEW house, and it being the holiday time when lots of people who live far away want to visit.....they were crazy. So here is where the story picks up. As they were riding in the car spouting off all the things that needed to be done......."prepare this for work", "sign these papers", "move in the furniture", "put everything up", "prepare the house for guests".......etc., etc., etc. When they finally came up for a breathe they could hear the three year old in the back seat saying something too. They both turned around at once (but the little boy didn't notice) he was too busy staring out the window and singing.........."Knowing you, Jesus, knowing you. There is no greater thing. You're my all, you're the best, you're my joy, my righteousness. And I love you Lord......"
(This is were you all say AWWWWWE) Out of the mouths of babes we are reminded of the true attitude we should have. In light of that here are ALL they lyrics to that song. They are more amazing and present than I remember them:

All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres and wars to own;
All I once thought gain I have counted loss;
Spend and worthless now compared to this--

Chorus: Knowing You, Jesus, Knowing You,
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness, And I love You, Lord.
(after third verse) And I love You, Lord. (2x)

Now my heart's desire is to know you more,
To be found in you and known as Yours;
To possess by faith what I could not earn,
All surpassing gift of righteousness.
chorus

Oh, to know the pow'r of Your risen life
And to know You in Your sufferings;
To become like You in Your death, my Lord,
So with You to live and never die.
chorus



and here is quite possibly the FUNNIEST video I have ever seen.......or my husband and I are just giggly little girls =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hTxGmvUo_0

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

This is definitely a story that I needed to hear about Jon and Angie. That is how I have been feeling, just crazy lately. Ruco and I are coming back to Pensacola tomorrow with no car and no jobs for a whole month before we leave for Africa! ahhh! But God is in control and he longs to meet our needs! YEA! I really want to spend good time with you Christi. I have missed you so much! And that video is HILARIOUS! I just showed it to my in-laws, she is the cutest little thing with the meanest little look! haha! I love you!!!!