layout

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beaches, Crafts, and Babies.....could life be better?

This week my life involved all three! Sunday afternoons we all (our group of church friends which usually ends up being a table for 20!) go to eat a big sunday lunch. After that all the guys usually think of some activity to keep themselves busy with for the next few hours....golf, fishing, tennis, etc. All us wives will usually go our separate ways and spend the day cleaning house or running errands but not this Sunday.......and hopefully not many more sundays after this. We decided on a whim to head to the BEACH since the weather is just now warm enough to enjoy it. It was much needed, for relaxation and as Jen gently put it "I was looking pasty and desperately needed some sun =)"

Susie and Jen
Laura and Brooke
Me, Laura and Brooke

Also, here are some pictures of my newest crafting obsession: Canvas art! I buy blank canvas's and paint them all cute and then add a bible verse and a ribbon. I have them all over my house now.
This one is in my guest bathroom. It's pink with black polka dots and says, "but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord" in silver writing. I love the little black poka dot bow on it too This one looks a little jumbled in the picture but is actually one of the cutest ones I've made. I have fancy towels with this same brocade print and I free-handed it onto the canvas to match. Then in red (which you totally cannot read in this picture) it says, "The king is enthralled by your beauty, honor him for he is your Lord." I have this one in my master bathroom to remind me that God thinks I am beautiful on my not so good days =)

I recently made an adorable green striped one for a friend of mine to put in her nursery. It said, "before I formed you in the womb, I knew you."
Oh and now, for the last topic of this blog......BABIES! Justin and I found out this week we are expecting again. I know most people try to be responsible and wait until a certain time in their pregnancy to let everyone know the good news but........I'm not most people. And I absolutely CANNOT contain my excitement. I am so thankful, so so thankful. My God has heard my cries and answered my prayers. I am still very fearful. It is still so very early and the miscarriage still haunts me. But, Jesus has put a new peace in my heart. I think this one just might go swimmingly! Please pray for us, please please pray. We need you all so desperately right now. Yay! My newest song obsession is Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman........I pray for Justin to have a Cinderella. Even if this one is a little boy, I hope one day he can have that and who knows, Cinderella might just be in my belly right now!

5 comments:

Susana M Kepner said...

Praise God for the beach, crafts and BABIES!!!! We are so happy for you guys. We'll be praying for you no doubt!

The Leys said...

Christi I'm so excited for you and Justin! And my dad and I are dancing to Cinderella at my wedding! How ironic :)

Heather said...

Oh goodness! The boys lost pretty bad last game! But you know, I think it was because I didn't heckle the entire time! I can't wait till you're back to help "cheer" them on!
I'm sorry to hear about your dad...I hope all goes well with his surgery. =)
AND...Congratulations on expecting!! I am so very happy for you and Justin!

Audge said...

awwww Christi.. I know.. one year seems crazy, but you know what.. it has flown for me!
But I terribly miss: my fam,
all my friends- especially my glam girl named Christi,Chickfila, the american mall and movie theatre, and the beach! I need a tan..something you will Never hear a Japanese girl say =)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

my heart,
thank you so much for calling and telling me the news. it was so wonderful to hear your voice, and i am more ecstatic for you and justin than i can say. God is so faithful, and He always hears us. You will be the cutest mall mom ever...i love you with all my heart christi.