layout

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What a week...

I've spent the last week in Dallas Texas and now I really and truly would like to become a cowgirl. I'm on the search for some rhinestone boots...and yes I will wear them in Florida! I took my Student Government kids to our National Convention there and we had a absolute blast. I'll have to get pictures from all of them and post them eventually. We got to go to the NRH2O water park for a day, six flags over Texas for a day and sooo many other fun things in such a short time period. I was beat to get back on Sunday.

While I was there I had some not-so-fun stuff going on too. I know I haven't talked about it much but I think I am 100% okay with airing my dirty laundry at this point...why not, I wear my heart on my sleeve anyway. As some of you know, I've still been carrying around our baby for a while now. While I was in Dallas some things started to happen and I thought I had the baby while I was there....it's a really hard thing to tell and I won't go into details. So when I got back I called the doctor so he could check me out and see if everything came out alright. Well, he took me in immediately on Monday and did an exam and an ultrasound. The exam showed that my cervix was still closed (meaning my body wasn't letting this baby out) and my uterus was still swollen...that signalled to the doc that I was still pregnant. So we went to the tried and true way of knowing...the internal ultrasound. Once in there we saw the baby was still there, and wasn't detaching. In the words of Dr. Mehta, "That is the most stubborn little thing I have ever seen!". No surprise, our last miscarriage was the same way, it took a month and a half for the baby to finally let go. But that baby was much smaller than this one, and the doctor begged me to let him do a D&C. He said if I didn't, I had a looong road of bleeding and pain ahead of me. I've already done this now emotionally, physically, and spiritually for a long time now, twice in a row, and I knew it was time to give in. So I agreed to the D&C and Dr. Mehta wasted no time. I went in for that little checkup yesterday and walked out 5 hours later just waking up from anethsthesia (sp?)....5 IV holes, a tube down the throat and a surgery later, it's finally over...well, physically anyway.

I'm feeling much better today and actually in good spirits after Justin revealed to me all the crazy things I said when I was "drunk" on the medicine they gave me to knock me out. Apparently the first thing I asked the nurse was, "ma'am, just how many people saw my groceries?" I don't remember asking that or what she answered but when Justin came back to recovery he said the first thing I said to him was, "Baby, can you believe it, only 2 or 3 people saw my groceries!" I guess I am a modest person even in my subconscience?? I do remember waking up (well halfway waking up) and thinking to myself....I have a lot of questions to ask these people. And I have been told that I wasted no time in asking them ALL. I also remember proclaiming my love to the nurse who kept bringing me warm blankets, and it was true...in that moment, I DID love her! Oh there are sooo many other not so brilliant things I spouted in those moments but I guess it was all worth it to finally be able to move on and look forward.

Next excitement on the menu.....Just and I go on vacay! wooo hooo! Sea World, Aquatica, bass fishing charter, and couples massages...here we come =)

4 comments:

Audge said...

Sea world and couples massages! Oh man.. lucky duck!
Christi, I Love you so much. You are so strong. I have a new song on my latest blog post. I dedicate it to you. Love you so much my heart.
Love,
ol audge podge

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I concur with Audge..you are so strong, and I love you and am so proud of you. I am still praying for you my love that Jesus would be holding you and lifting you up. I am also so jealous about the Sea World extravaganza..sea worlds my favorite! I LOVE sea life! haha. I miss you and hope I get to see you soon!

Set Free to Rest said...

Been praying for you gal. I'm here if you need me.
Groceries? You are too crazy!
Have a fantastic vacation!!!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Hey again....it's been a while, so I thought I'd check in on you. I am sorry for your loss. You are full of strength. I can tell from your entries. I hope you know you have angels in heaven waiting to meet you someday. Some babies are just too perfect for this world. Hugs to you. --rae