layout

Monday, January 05, 2009

Flashback

I used to sing this song in church when I was younger. Didn't really know what it meant until now...

the pathway is broken
and the signs are unclear
and i don't know the reason
why you brought me here
but just because you love me
the way that you do
i'm gonna walk through the valley
if you want me to

cause i'm not who i was
when i took my first step
and i'm clingin' to the promise
you're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials
bring me closer to you
then i will go through the fire
if you want me to

it may not be the way
i would've chosen
when you lead me through a world
that's not my home
but you never said
it would be easy
you only said
I'd never go alone

so when the whole world turns against me
and i'm all by myself
and i can't hear you answer my cries for help
i'll remember the suffering your love put you through
and i will go through the valley
if you want me to

~Ginny Owens

5 comments:

Emily Ley said...

oh how i love that song : )
That's a good flashback

Big Mama said...

Why have I never heard this song? Last night in Passmore Hall was great - all about just continuing to walk. Love you.

Liz said...

This has been one of my absolute favorite songs over the last couple of years. I was just singing it yesterday!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I also love, love, love that song. I also love you A LOT!

Audge said...

Christi,
I love you. That starfield song is the freakin bomb digity!
Also, I want you to know that I am Soooo praying for you still, every night.
I love you and Justin and I pray blessings to pour all over yo' pretty little heads.
Love you,
Audge