layout

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm gonna be a Supermodel (Week 2)

This picture just makes me laugh.

Well, week two brought the diva out of my little girl. She got her newborn photos done by Rae Leytham and MY are they cute. Yes, I've seen them but don't have them in my possession quite yet. Be sure that I will post them on here once they are mine :) On top of that, my mom works at my old church in Bama and they have a "church photographer" who absolutely LOVES my mom. So, when we were in Bama, he wanted to take a 4 generation picture with my Grannie, Mom, Me and Charleigh...he piddles with a few other pictures as well. I have yet to see those pictures but again, when I get them...you'll get them! :)

Last Monday, you know the week after I gave birth, the Girls' Ministry started back up for this year. I just KNEW I would be well enough to lead the thing but...one baby and a c-section later...I was in NO shape to go in public. So, I passed all my preparation to good 'ol Whit and the rest of my leaders came together and did AMAZINGLY! I love those ladies. Since then, I've been able to be there and lead my sweet high schoolers. It's one of the only places in my week that I HAVE to be...it's nice to still have a bit of normalcy.

On to something that is not so normal...but SOOO appreciated: DINNER! Our parents and friends have been awesome. From buying us groceries to bringing us home cooked meals, I seriously don't know what we would have done without them. I mean there were nights when I didn't even think of what we would have for dinner until they showed up at our door with food...I then thought, "Oh yeah, I guess we need to eat". So thank you if you were one of our many contributors!

At the beginning of this week, Justin returned to work and my mom came back to help me while he was there. We took Charleigh on her first trip out of the house (besides the hospital). You'll never guess the exciting place we went...THE BANK! Booo! We'll it had to be done, I feel she will now be a responsible citizen of our country. I couldn't let that be her only impression of the outside world sooo, we went to Target too! A few days later, she got to go to TJMaxx! Woo hoo! I don't know what I would have done without my mom and I think that with her help, by the end of the week, Justin and I were prepared to do the parenting thing ourselves. Whew! It was sad saying bye to Granny and Papa (PaPa came back to pick Granny up).
But luckily, Charleigh is about to have a baby cousin named Camden and we knew that we would be traveling up to her baby shower and would get to see Granny and PaPa again in the next week or so :) yay!

That weekend was the Texas vs. Texas Tech game so Charleigh showed her support with her Mommy...I just love comparing pictures of Charleigh with pictures of my childhood:

At 13 days old, we introduced Charleigh to the Lord's House...yep, we took her to church. It was quite panicky for me. I carried around my spray hand sanitizer and threatened to squirt anyone who touched her, actually did squirt a few. I am so afraid of the Swine Flu for her little body...or any sickness at that! She seemed to like church. She just slept through it all, she did let out a little grunt when Pastor Traylor started preaching...I think it was a grunt of approval. (or gas)
So, as of 2 weeks, this little booger is a great baby. She started off the week sleeping so well. I would wake her every few hours for feedings, and she would wake up periodically and wimper but not too often. Ohhh, but then the end of the week came and she decided to turn into a newborn! We had about 3 or 4 bad nights...which seemed really bad because we got spoiled at first. She seemed to develop lots of gas pains and some other issues (which I later found out was silent reflux...more on this next week). I used Mylicon like there was no tomorrow. It worked okay at times, but at other times, nothing could make her feel better. I have to say, that even through the bad nights, she never really "cries"...just wimpers, and grunts...and you know that baby is hurting :( Breaks my heart.

On a great note, she had her two week checkup with her new pediatrician, whom we LOVE, and everything looks great! Doc said her weight was in the 30th percentile, her head was in the 25th percentile and her height was in the 75th percentile. She didn't get any shots this time so it was a quick, pleasant visit. Beware the 2 month appointment...

So, that's all for this week. Week 3 will be up soon I hope :)

2 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

lovin the weekly play by plays. isnt motherhood so seriously fantastic!?!? i cant wait to see all the prof. pictures. She is just SO cute!

Kelsey said...

Christi Tyner!!! do you know how cute and an answer of prayer it is to see you and Justin w/ your sweet, precious Charleigh?!! i LOVE it!!! she's adorable!!!! :)
<3 kelsey b.