layout

Monday, December 14, 2009

3 months old!


With this blog I will officially be CAUGHT UP! Yes, Charleigh is 3 months old...right NOW! Can you believe it?? The date on this post is correct December 14th was her 3 month birthday (if you call that a birthday??)So, this week started off pretty low key. As I rushed to finish my Prissy Pink Polka Dot orders and get my own gifts together as well. Luckily, Charleigh was willing to cooperate with Mommy and was happy to sit in her fortress of pillows :)
On Tuesday we ventured out to the Pace High SGA Christmas party. Celene invited us to come back so that all the kids could meet Charleigh. I've wanted to bring her up to the school so many times but I am sooo scared she will catch something up there! So, I was glad to go to their Christmas party. I whipped up this little dress for Charleigh so that she could be festive :) We didn't end up wearing that headband because the feathers kept getting in her face :(
Then, this weekend we headed to BAMA! My mom's side of the family had their annual Christmas get-together. We got there late Friday night so it was just us and Papa and Granny (and Aunt Jessica). Everyone just kept laughing at how fat she had gotten and wanted to see her naked sooo, here she is in all her glory :) So cute!My parents have 14 grandchildren so, they started a tradition long ago of going to each grandkid's house and giving them their presents early. That way they got to see each of them open their gifts instead of mad chaos on Christmas morning. So, it was Charleigh's turn Friday night.Here she is with all her presents, staring intently.If I got them going, whe would grab the paper and fling her arms, so she totally helped open them.This was my favorite gift...Granny and Papa gave Charleigh her ear piercing!!
So, the next day was the family get-together, which I didn't take any pictures at. Sorry. I wasn't thinking "blog" at the moment. But afterwards Me, Charleigh, Brandy, Jessica, Tatum, and Granny all loaded up and went to EastChase in Montgomery to get Tatum's and Charleigh's ears pierced. Tatum was so cute, she's 5 now but she had her ears pierced at Charleigh's age (she accidentally let her holes grow up). She had been too scared to get them pierced again until we told her that baby Charleigh was getting hers done. She said she would go first to show baby Chaw-lee how to do it without crying. And she did! She didn't cry at all. So she totally got a princess doll as a prize for being strong. Here is Tatum before:
And here she is after: (you can't see her earrings really well, but she was tucking her hair behind her ears so that you could)
Then it was Charleigh's turn. I was sooo nervous. Here was Charleigh before:
And here she is after: (she did cry but as you can see, she calmed down once I gave her the bottle. It wasn't half as bad as her shots!)

The next morning we all headed off to church and afterwards wanted to take Charleigh to the Bass Pro Shop to meet Santa. They really do it up for Christmas. They had a whole village set up where kids can decorate cookies and play with toy cars and shoot little guns...and it was all free. They even gave us pictures with Santa...we took our own as well.
Here we are waiting in line on our way to the North Pole.
She looked so little compared to Santa. And best thing, she didn't cry!

Some crafts I've been up to:
Here are some of the aqua/pink ornaments I've been making for our tree. Some have stripes, some have little dots, but the ones that look the cutest are the big polka dot ones :)
Also, I made us all new stocking, in the fabric of my choosing. The girls are embroidered in pink and the boys (Daddy) are embroidered in green. We need to add more boys to the crowd.


Anyway, this week is CHRISTMAS. We will definitely update after we finish our christmas festivities! Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments: