layout

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

fa la la la la, la la, la la

Christmas is here! Well, basically. It’s so funny how we anticipate the coming of Christmas Day and then when it gets here…it’s over! So this is the time to enjoy. I’m doing okay on my Christmas shopping. I have ideas for almost everyone. I just have to materialize those ideas now. I feel like a lot has happened since I last updated so let me think back……..

So, we found out that Dan and Brandy Findley are pregnant!! Yay! So exciting, and they were just glowing, I know they are sooo happy. I am too, cause I seriously LOVE babies. Well, if that were the end of the story it would be quite a sweet one but there is even more………They went to get an ultrasound and there was not one but two little heartbeats……….that’s right, TWINS! Justin is sooo jealous, he wants twin boys more than life. My thoughts are, if he can carry, birth and change double the diapers…….I’m for it! Haha! Congrats Dan and Brand!

On a less happy note, Mollye the beautiful oh so precious bassett hound passed away yesterday. This is Rachel’s doggie. She has been so sick for such a long time. Just when we hoped and prayed she was getting better, something else would go wrong. It has been a hard struggle and Rachel did any and everything to get that little girl healthy, but sometimes God has plans we don’t understand. But we have to rejoice that he indeed has plans! We will miss her sooo much. And I am so grateful that we never have to see her hurting again.

Last weekend Jus and I went up to the Hunting Camp and got back to our roots. We had fun being such great little hunter/gatherers. Actually we slept in and relaxed and hunted for a grand total of 2 or 3 hours! That’s the way I like it! We saw a lot of deer and I videoed them from our comfy shooting box. Everytime Justin raised his little gun I found myself squeezing his arm saying “don’t shoot, don’t shoot”…….haha, I don’t think I am cut out for this stuff. Anyway, it was fun to tag along. Ben and Sam are goin up there with us for a mini vacation in January to relax……..don’t worry Sam, they have satellite now! Yay!

Speaking of vacations, Justin and I have said from the beginning that we are going on a ski trip for our one year anniversary. Oh, and we ARE going! But it turns out we won’t be able to go until March, which is two months after the fact soooo, I think it is just a vacation and no longer the “anniversary trip”. Justin and I also made a deal that we would trade off and one year I could pick what we do for our anniversary and the next he could pick and so on………well, this is my year, so I need some ideas. I don’t wanna go on a big weeklong trip or anything but I do want us to do something oh so fun! We will certainly do the whole, nice dinner thing and exchanging of gifts but…….I wanna do something memorable………..give me suggestions people! Okay well, that’s all I have for now, but I forsee big things in the next couple of days!!! Hehe!

No comments: