layout

Monday, December 12, 2005

Mall Mom, Convict Dad

I have decided, after many trips to the mall on my lunch break, that I want to be a mall mom. Oh, don’t know what that is??? Let me tell ya. These are the moms that spend their days, in packs usually, walking around the mall strolling their little bundles of joy. How great?? I know that motherhood is a lot of work, work I couldn’t even imagine, but it is something that I think I would be good at. I would love nothing more than to have my own little crumb-snatcher, but don’t get me wrong, I, in NO way, want to be pregnant! Oh no no no, I just want my little apple dumplin to appear……..so by this statement I realize I am not ready for motherhood just yet……..dangit! But I will keep my “Mall Mom” dream alive until it is accomplished one day.
Anyway, I got sooo much done for Christmas this weekend. I only have a few more gifts and I will be completely finished! yayayay! I got the tree up (I even have gifts under it) and decorated, and the stockings hung, and the nativity scene set, and all the décor outside hung……….which I must say, I have become quite the master crafter……..I will post a picture. I made the pretty bow and ribbons that adorn our tree, I was happy with them. I am also making a lot of other things for Christmas which will be revealed at a later date! Muahahahah! One thing I am also quite proud of is the matching scarves I crocheted for myself and Prissy. You will all get a taste of them in our Christmas card photo……if we ever send them out!
Friday night we had my company Christmas party which was catered by Chet’s seafood, yum! And I won a new George foreman grill which will be re-gifted at Justin’s company party this weekend…….heheheh! At least it is better than the Sponge Bob fishing pole we brought last year. Then that same night we headed off to our Sunday School Christmas party with our little 10th graders. They had started without us and were out caroling at all the widow’s houses from our church. They are too cute! Then we went back to the church and had a grand ‘ol time. I hope they know how much I love them. I just really do!

Well that is all for now, pray for Justin, he is under so much stress right now. All that stupid Wisconsin stuff is coming up tomorrow. Pray that God will give him words of wisdom as he talks to the Judge and DA. Also, pray that God will soften their hearts as they listen. It’s hard to imagine that God would let anything bad happen to someone so great, so faithful, and so innocent. But we don’t understand what he has planned for us. This experience might give him insight he couldn’t have gotten anywhere else. The whole situation reminds me of an illustration:
There was this little girl who went to her Grandma’s house. Grandma loved to cross-stitch and she was doing just that. The little girl, being quite short looked up to see what her grandma was doing sitting in her chair smiling so brightly. All she could see was the bottom of the canvas that grandma was working on, and all she could think was………”Grandma sure is making a mess of things, she must not know what she is doing.” She asked “Grandma, what are you doing?” to which she answered, “I’ll show you when I am finished.” Well the little girl didn’t like that answer but went along her way thinking, “What a mess!” Later, as the girl was going about her way Grandma called for her. Still from where she stood the cross-stitching looked like a horrible web of tangled thread. But then Grandma picked her up and set her in her lap. The little girl looked down to see a beautiful picture and was amazed at what her grandmother had done.

This is just like our relationship with God. We look up sometimes and think “Does he know what he is doing, it seems like he is making a big mess of things?” But it is in God’s time, when he is finished with his marvelous work in us, that he gives us his vision. He lets us see what he was doing all along. Right now we are in the “tangled web” phase, I can’t wait to see the masterpiece he is working in all this craziness!

No comments: