layout

Saturday, August 05, 2006

"Wa wa wa, wa wa wa, wa wa" ~Charlie Brown's Teacher

In case you didn't know, I'm SO a teacher now! What the heck, who'd a thunk it?? Yep, I officially started school this week and I absolutely LOVE it. I love when I try my hardest to explain something to a kid and I actually get to see the look of confusion melt off their little faces. I just cherish that feeling. I love being able to plan my own days, and control my own classroom. I love being able to be a strict, get-down-to-business type teacher one minute and then bustin' out with my ghetto voice the next minute........I like it even better when they all laugh. Every day that I have come home from work I've had a new story to tell....a story about something a kid did, or something new I learned, there really IS something new every day. Like for instance, I'm standing in my first period class, just waiting for the tardy bell to ring and this cute little blonde girl walks in (to talk to another teacher that was in the room). After she stares at me for a while she finally says, "Are you a teacher here?" To which I replied, "Yes". "Well, what's your name?", "Mrs. Tyner". "Well, did it used to be Ms. Shirley??"

You are probably thinking the same thing I was at this moment........How the heck does this kid know my maiden name? After I told her she was right she proceeded to freak out for the next ten minutes as I tried to get this mystery solved. Finally she informed me that when I was a sophomore in college that I came to her church, when she was in 7th grade (now she is a senior) and led a Disciple Now bible studdy weekend with her and her friends! How stinkin' weird??? And you know how she remembered my name all these years?? It just so happens that I made up a song about myself (apparently) and she remembered all the words!! This "song" had my name in it. (leave it to me to make up a stupid song about myself and then burn it into the impressionable minds of young children) Needless to say, it was the highlight of my day.
I know i'm still in the "honeymoon" stage I guess, but for now, I'm enjoying it. Who knows, next week I might just be picking spit balls out of my hair??

In other news, I got my Scoliosis scan done on my back and will get the results soon.........lets pray that a little physical therapy will make me all better and we won't need any of that surgery stuff.......

My Audge comes home this week and I absolutely cannot wait to see her! Love you Audge!

No comments: