layout

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here are some pictures from our fun trip to Fast Eddies. After a couple rides me and Toby decided to take our rightful place as spectators, our arms hurt from steering so hard. Hey, I never claimed to be SheRa........oh wait except when I was 5 and used to carry my SheRa sword around in my diaper, pulling it out at the slightest sign of danger. But other than then.........

Anyway, I decided boys are just crazy, especially when it comes to go-carts, video games, athletic events, oh yeah and life in general =) Justin, Kurt, Matt V., and Kirk were out for blood. It was quite entertaining to watch. But even with all the viciousness, Jus still managed to give a little sign of affection to the crowd.

Ok so this week has been filled with teacher type stuff, meaning my hand has a permenant cramping from all the paperwork I've had to do.....and yet I still have more! scary! I've spent the last week going to "new teacher" conferences and learning everything I need to know to start off my first school year........so why do I feel like I know absolutely nothing?? haha, well, I guess the only preparation is to get in there and do it, so I will. I'm sure my first few weeks will be full of spit balls and writing lines on the board, but either way, I'm excited! I had to take my Math subject area test on Saturday to complete my certification. This thing was no joke. I'm talking Calculus 2 material and all! I had to dig deep to remember some of those formulas that I thought I had properly disposed of somewhere in my brain, but I think I actually did ok. The guys sitting next to me was a trip. We chit chatted a while while the 90 year old lady in charge walked up to each and every chair 20 times handing out respective materials. I tried to make conversation to make the time go by faster so I asked a simple question, or so I thought, "If we finish before time is up, are we supposed to stay seated or leave the room?" To which he replied, "I'll have you know, I'll still be sitting here when time is up........" All I could do was bust out laughing at the guy. I guess it was pretty cocky to assume I may be finished with time to spare, but it turns out i did! So Nah to you snippy guy! Anyway, I was glad to get that over with. And I needed some relaxation. Luckily Jeff and Laura (she's the pregnant one in the pictures) invited us all over to their house to hang out and play Cranium. I love our new sunday school class. We've gotten to meet so many awesome couples through it. Jeff and Laura have joined our Thursday night bowling group too! Hopefully, we can get everyone going, how fun!

So tomorrow, I start school. Luckily I'll have this next week to prepare and gather knowledge from the other teachers before I actually have to handle the children. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

hahah! You are soo silly! You were pulling SheRas out of your diaper huh?? haha! I understand about the go-kart thing, we went a few weeks ago, and I was just plain scared of the guys. I wouldnt even drive..I wanted to ride in the passenger go-karts! haah! Good luck tomorrow! I love you!!

Kerstin Joy Walling said...

And we thought Calc 2 was just a waste of time!!! haha... Good Luck again!

Anonymous said...

you will do GREAT teaching! LEt em know how it is, since i will be teaching in about 2 yrs!! YAY!! hage a good day girl!