layout

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Tossing of the Cookies

I apologize in advance for the graphicness of this post...so is life. Today, if you go by my last ultrasound, I am officially 6 weeks! Not a big deal to most, but that is 6 weeks with no complications so far, 6 weeks of un-interuptted "I'm really having a baby" time, 6 weeks closer to my life-long dream. I think this is a very important day to God too, in fact he decided to commemorate it....hmmm, now what would be a good way to do that...oh I got it, I'll make her first official public regurgitation today! Sounds just as pleasant as it was, trust me. So there we are in Lowes, picking out new hardwood floors...when Justin asked me what I wanted for my first mother's day I said "floors!". I have a feeling after looking at pricing and LABOR, I might be getting a pretty "mommy" bracelet in hopes that I forget about the floors =) We'll see! Anyway, the last two or three days I have been feeling more and more nauseous but haven't actually thrown up yet, just a lot of gagging going on. As a matter of fact i was walking down the hallway yesterday on my way to my next class and I just gagged really big out of no where, it even made a little bit of a sound. Which in itself is not very funny at all but due to the fact that a poor little freshman boy just happened to be walking by at that moment and assumed that my gag was toward him, it became a bit more embarrassing =) He gave me the strangest look and just kept walking. Sorry kid. So now back to my Lowes story: As we were picking out our floors I heard a lady ask a sales associate where the bathroom was and before I even heard the answer to that lady's question, I looked at Justin and said "wherever it is, I need to find it!" Now, I don't know about your husbands but mine automatically assumes that I have a violent bowel movement coming on (I mean that is what HE means when HE says 'I need the bathroom now' isn't it?). I was so sick that I knew if I opened my mouth to correct him it would all be over in the middle of the hardwood aisle. So I didn't. Regardless, that was serious business to him and he started sprinting to find the sales associate that we JUST HEARD talking to that other lady. Why weren't we listening to the location of the bathroom??!! We couldn't find the darn guy so we walked around the entire perimeter of that store and finally realized the the restroom was at the VERY front. So we were off...I was in there FOREVER. I'll spare the details but I would feel bad not to let you in on the "now quite funny"/"then not so funny" happenings in the restroom. So I go in to do my thing and we had just eaten a BIG lunch at Chili's. After the first big heave the toilet water splashed back up into my face.....which made my bones shiver with grossness which even added more to the nausea situation. Which made me throw up even more which led to me sobbing frantically. By the end of the whole thing, I have toilet water on my face, I've learned that I need to chew my food better, and had mascara running down my face. I walked out of the stall and like 5 ladies were just starring at me....I'm sure they were thinking "Crack head" because that is exactly what I looked like =) So it gets better...you see, earlier this week I was telling Justin that this nausea thing wasn't that bad, a little gagging here and there was well worth having my precious baby! In fact, symptoms were a blessing. So as I walk out of the bathroom, horrified and self-pitying I finally was able to tell my husband that I was nauseous and not...the other kind of sick. So Justin decides it's a good idea to look at me and say with a big goofy grin on his face, "I'm SO thankful your throwing up! Isn't it great!" P.S. future daddy's of america, bad choice of words at that moment!

But all ended well, I got myself a Sprite to ease my burning esophagus and we continued shopping! haha. I have a feeling this will be the start of many tossings of the cookies....I promise not to write about them all.....that is, unless they are all as eventful as this time =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every woman that I have known to "toss their cookies" during pregnancy has had a fantastic 9 months and delivered healthy children in the end. Congrats on this great gift from God!

Amy K.

Audge said...

Christi,
You are one hott mama! he he
I have been praying for you every night! I know that the Lord will continue to bless y'all with a healthy beautiful baby girl named audrey.. he he..
Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Hahaaha! This is great!! Thats wonderful that you puked, I'm so happy for you...not so many people could be so greatful for such a thing! Good luck with it...it's starting early for you. I only threw up once when I was pregnant with Nathan and that is only because Jeremy farted and it just triggered that reflex...haha, but It's a good sign anyway! Happy late first Mother's day!

Susana M Kepner said...

So how would've thought vomiting was a good sign?! I think it is :o)
Still praying for you guys.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you guys!!! Congratulations!