layout

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trying not to say the "B" word

I started thinking about my blog and how it is "Baby Central" these days. I feel as if I should write about something else every once in a while…I mean we DO have lives. I just tend to forget everything that happens other than doctor visits and symptoms. Okay so here is my attempt to write a normal blog about this last weekend. Memorial Day! I was sick and had to go home early on Thursday and also missed the whole day Friday. A little bit of nausea (that does not count as baby talk) and a little bit of this new cold I’ve gotten. So mom and dad came down a little early on Friday before my appointment and we went out to lunch. Then we headed to the hospital….skip this part….and afterwards they headed back to our house and hung out for a while. Partly because it was raining cats and friggin dogs for a while there. But soon they had to pack up and head back home. Saturday started with Justin going to get me a honey butter chicken biscuit. I’d love to say that this is just a random craving of mine but NO I’ve been obsessed with these long before pregnancy hit. But all of a sudden now, he is WAY more willing to get out and get me one whenever I want =) Then Toby and I headed to the mall with little Cooper and Justin and Kurt spent the day working in our flower beds. What a day! That night was the monthly UFC party. Tons of friends came over and we chowed on Pizza (well I didn’t, for some reason I am not liking pizza anymore). These parties never end until midnight thirty so we are exhausted by the time everyone leaves and hit the sack pretty hard. Who am I fooling….I’m such a great hostess that I usually fall asleep on the couch in the middle of the fights…oops. So, then it was Sunday and we enjoyed a great day at church and lunch with friends. I came home for a midday nap, my favorite, and Justin went golfing with the guys. I guess we were inspired by having Memorial day off the next day so we invited everyone over again on Sunday night for ice cream sundaes and an Indiana Jones marathon. We figured we can’t go see the new one until we catch up on all the old ones. Hope this new one is worth it! It was amazing, everyone fell asleep during the marathon except for ME! I never can stay awake but one of my many symptoms these days is random insomnia. And it happened to me at exactly the right time. Oh I forgot to mention that my little sister Jessica came to visit with her new boyfriend on Sunday also. The stayed the night….in separate rooms of course! And we all hung out for the beginning of the day on Monday. Later on I had a hair appointment which was desperately needed (don’t worry my doctor said it is not dangerous to get you hair dyed during pregnancy, I checked). And then the SGA put on a Benefit Concert for Sarah Norman, a junior at our school who has been diagnosed with Luekemia. We had the Chris McCarty band there and they are pretty great. You should check them out if you have time, I think you’ll like. Justin spent the rest of Memorial day fishing with his best friend Ben. And then Tuesday came around and I’m back at school =( Wednesday night was our end of the year SGA banquet and it was so cool. Everyone reminisced about another year gone by and we cried over losing the seniors (well, at least I did because I’m HORMONAL!) And the kids got me a $200 gift certificate to the Hilton on the beach. Jus and I will enjoy that thoroughly =) But the year is almost over! I’m excited to find tons of great things to do this summer.

1 comment:

Susana M Kepner said...

Sorry we missed the party and ice cream... we were in Vegas where the adds for UFC were everywhere! Hope you get to feeling better soon...