layout

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

things that I love...

As we are working to focus on the enormous amount of positive that is present in our lives my mind is good. I am so very tired of being sad over my situation. It's been a long hard 5 months of ups and downs and what will be, will be. My happiness is gone for today but circumstance CANNOT take my JOY! So sit back and watch me be joyful.
As you know, not much in life brings me joy like Crafts! I have some new ones to show off (been keeping myself busy these days).
Here is my new and improved keychains. I've learned how to make these suckers much cuter and sturdier....so if I have made you one of these in the past, you should probably have me re-do that!
(front)
(back)


Here is my latest obsession: Luggage tags! (yes I was in a zebra/hot pink mood in my crafting yesterday...but I do craft in other colors and patterns, I promise!) I made this from scratch and I am proud to say it is extremely durable. It has wood on the inside so no airline should hurt it! It is even cuter in person.
(front)
(back)
And here are some flip flops I made for my mom with covered buttons. I monogramed her initial in the covered button and added it and the fur to a flip flop. I can also make these flip flops with a bow under the button, rather than fur. But my mom is just sassy enough to wear these!

And one of my goals this summer is to start my own website that people can order from. I haven't even begun so it may be a while...but hey, I'm obsessed so it may be tomorrow!! My latest predicament is that I need a name.....I thought I had the perfect one...as I sit there and discussed it with my mom she came up with not so cute names like...."Christi's creations"....booo, mom! And we bounced a few things off each other. I want my website/store to really let you know what I'm all about just through the name so it hit me, "The Prissy Polka Dot". I loved it. I told my mom and we celebrated to have a cute little name filled with things I love...Prissy and Polka Dots. After a while we were on the computer playing around and I wanted to see what would come up when people searched for my new store name. So I googled my "nonexistent" store. Oh NO! the first link was to a monogramming store called....."The Prissy Polka Dot"......REALLY?? Is someone just as goofy as me, and loves my same hobby. Aw man, I just loved that name. So I was a little devastated and started brainstorming again. I just couldn't get The Prissy Polka Dot out of my head. So now I am stuck. Although, there is one other thing that you will all agree that I love just as much as Prissy and Polka dots.......PINK. I need your opinions. What do you think about "The Prissy Pink Polka Dot"??? I could refer to it as P cubed (but with the cool exponent instead of having to write it out that way) Is it too close to the other one? I just can't think of anything else and I LOVED my first name so much =) Maybe something with the word "Sassy" instead?

So I am calling all bloggers. I really don't care if I even KNOW you. Please comment and let me know what I should name my store??? Let me know if you like "The Prissy Pink Polka Dot" or if you have another name idea! I can't start this whole thing until I have a website name. ahhhhhhhh............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Prissy Pink Polka Dot!!!! So cute! Also, I have to admit that I am kind of partial to the P3 (cubed) because my hubby calls me that (Pinky Poo Pie) ... hahaha! So cute!! You're amazingly talented!

Anonymous said...

I like The Prissy Pink Polka Dot, but it stinks that it's similar to another name. I would like to contribute at least a semi-creative idea, but my brain seems to lack a creative thinking department. :/. For some reason The Pink Zebra is stuck in my head, but that's either already a name of a store or a name of a store I had a dream about. Wish I could be more explicit with that one. Haha. Let me think some more and get back to you on that one.

I must say that I would love to have some of those luggage tags! Let me know when you'll be taking orders, and I will gladly place one. :). I will going to England soon, and a tag like that would make my bad much easier to pick out!