layout

Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Birthday!

Well, I am a few days late posting but my birthday was on Monday! It was one of those perfect days...well except for the part that I had to go to work. But, it was a planning day (no students) so it was low stress =) It all started out the night before when Justin cooked breakfast for me for dinner...I don't know why buy i LOVE breakfast for dinner. And my husband cooks a mean cinnamon french toast. Then, the next morning, he cooked me breakfast for breakfast!

So I headed off to work and a number of my teacher friends got me extra "prissy" gifts... they know me too well. I met Jus for lunch at La Ha (my favorite lunch place). My sweet SGA babies made me hand made cards (because they know I'm a sap like that) and framed and matted a picture that they all signed with sweet birthday wishes...it almost made me cry. And they gave me a "money tree"...they asked me what I wanted and I said "MONEY" (half joking) so they got a REAL tree and pinned money all over it! haha, they are so cute =)

My little darling came through as always with a beautiful bouquet that was delivered to me at school:When I got home Justin had left me a handmade card....if you know my husband at all, you know he doesn't DO handmade cards...but he did and it turned out to be the best birthday gift of all. He even went to the store and bought a little scrapbooking kit and a variety of candies to make his card/note work...He then instructed me to dress up because he was taking me out...although he wouldn't tell me where to??
We ended up at the Melting Pot! My favorite fun interactive resturant! We did the whole thing...Cheese fondue appetizer, Pacific Rim entree, and Chocolate Flaming Turtle dessert =) I did learn that my husband is not patient when cooking the entree meat...he kept trying to eat it before it was done, so I went into mommy mode and had to check every bite before he ate it. As you can tell, we stuffed ourselves. Jus ended the night with my gift! He's getting me my EXPENSIVE embroidery software that I've been begging for! I know it doesn't sound too romantic but it's what I've been wanting!
It was a good day, phone calls and cards from friends and family, fun, and food =) I love birthdays =)

On to other news, The Prissy Pink Polka Dot is booming! Here are some of my latest and greatest crafts:
Justin's cousin (Kristi) just had a baby girl and is a BIG Auburn fan. I made her a diaper cake with lots of coordinating goodies. So instead of doing the traditional Orange and Blue I thought I'd mix it up a bit and make things a little girly.
For our beach family reunion I made everyone a sports bottle to keep us hydrated on those hot days...I'm not going to put all of them on here but here's the one I made for Justin's brother..he's a big Tennessee fan =)
And here is a luggage I made for Marci (she used to work with me at SouthGate in college):
One of Tara's friends in London needed some cute diaper covers for her little girl, so The Prissy Pink Polka Dot has officially gone INTERNATIONAL!
And lastly, my own fall table decor. My new obsession is glittered pumkins. I burrowed a little hole in the top of these little ones and added a tea light.
My "not so new" obsession are Cinderella pumkins, they are short and curvy like the pumkins in the fairy tales so I think they make the cutest decorations =) Don't worry, we'll be carving our regular old pumkins too!

6 comments:

Big Mama said...

Did you glitter those little pumpkins? Too cute!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Of course...I don't trust anyone else to glitter my pumpkins!

Audge said...

Christi!!
That's so sweet what jus did for you on your birthday!! Love it!
also I love all the products you are making, this is awesome!
Love u!

Liz said...

I love breakfast for dinner too! Glad you had a great birthday. And your decorations look great - I love fall!!!

The Leys said...

Oh my gosh I am in love with your glitter pumpkins!!!!!!!! So can I just tell you that during our ceremony, when you did the reading (And by the way everyone, Christi is a rockstar of a wedding reader), I wanted so bad to turn around and wave and say thank you, but I wasn't sure if I'd make it with that big ol' dress! hahahahah! I love you and am so glad you were part of our big day. And by the way, your dress was cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!!

Set Free to Rest said...

Christi - you looked absolutely beautiful on your birthday and I'm so happy you had a great day! Your hubby is a good man and definitely a keeper! Love ya Christi!