layout

Sunday, October 12, 2008

These are a few of HIS favorite things...

So Susie has dared/tagged me to compile a list of my husband's favorite things so, here they are...in no particular order:

#1 - hunting. Oh boy does he love to be in the outdoors! It's the only thing he'll get up for at 4 in the morning on a friggin' cold day to sit in a tree for hours...he says it relaxes him...I don't get it personally but he's such a cute little hunter/gatherer =)

#2 - Prissy. Yes, he has admitted it several times that our little Yorkie makes his heart pitter patter. When we are away on vacay, he'll look at me randomly and say, "Try to think about Prissy and not smile." I can't, she's just so cute and cuddly and my big manly husband will admit that he is in love with her too!

#3 - Golf. I'm not sure if he is in love with golf or if he just likes it because he's just so darn good at it....and he is so darn good at it.

#4 - Gadgets. Every day that boy is coming home with a new gadget of some type....usually the expensive type. For instance, just last week he bought a big ole fancy 4 wheeler. Now remember, we live on a 1/3 acre lot in a family filled subdivision...there isn't exactly any rough terrain to ride through. So he takes me on romantic rides around the block and we wave to all our neighborhood friends and we park that sucker right back into the garage =)

#5 - Dancing in the Kitchen. Once upon a time his mama told him that the sign of a healthy marriage is dancing in the kitchen. So, he quite often sweeps me up and leads me in a waltz in the middle of our everyday chores. I like that.

#6 - Vacations. I believe every vacation we have been on as a married couple has started with this conversation - Justin: Hey baby, we need a vacation. Christi: Okay, when and where? Justin: Now and anywhere. Have it booked when I get home....
And that is how our vacations are planned.

#7 - (this one had to be deleted due to inaccurate information, for all our readers...just know that I write in this blog without the permission nor foreknowledge of my husband.....are you happy BEN!!!)

#8 - Babies. My husband adores kids. That's why I want him to have one of his own sooo badly (well and because I adore them too). All of our friends' kids call him Uncle Justin and every where we go the kids are all waiting saying, "where's Justin, when's Justin coming, Can we go to Justin's house". He takes after his dad on that one....it's pretty bad when you don't have any kids and the neighborhood children knock on your door to see if your husband can come out and play =)

#9 - To sing. It is my absolute favorite to hear him belting praise songs to my Jesus. And he does BELT. We are a singing family...not so much in the choir or anything...just basically all the time. At times we will sing conversations to each other and then giggle once we realize that NOBODY does this but us! I love it most when he makes up raps...if you've ever read his poetry, his raps are even better! (hard to believe I know)

#10 - Jesus. That boy loves him some Jesus. He is one of the most moral, right-living men I know. And he has my utmost respect.

And after all of this....HE is MY favorite!

2 comments:

Audge said...

awwwwww, that just made me samile so big. I loved reading this. How cute are y'all. See you soon my sweet Christi. Still praying for you every night to have a little bun in the oven ;)

Set Free to Rest said...

That is awesome...you go girl!