layout

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Lord Taketh Away, but the Husband Giveth!

So, I am sure you are all on the edge of your seat waiting to hear how my monogramming machine dilema finally turned out....
Wait no longer friends...here's the story:

So I should have been in a mad panic on Wednesday when I saw the cloud of smoke and smelt the burning of my small business to the ground. But I was too sick to function, everything was kind of surreal in the moment and I ended up sleeping the rest of the day away. I eventually managed to take my machine to the ONLY place in Pcola that works on my particular kind...He informed me that he wouldn't even be able to look at it for 15 DAYS!!! Ahhh, I have orders to fill in that time period, what am I going to do? Justin got home that night and I unloaded my sadness on him...it was not a good day for me :) So he sat there for a minute and then said, "Well, I think this is God's way of telling us something." Of course, in my head I was thinking, "Crap! God blew my machine up because he does NOT want me to quit teaching next year and monogram...this must be his sign to me." Or at least that is what I knew my husband was about to say. But instead he finished his thought with, "He must think it's time for you to have the BIG DADDY machine, you know, the commercial kind."

Woah! I was not expecting that. And even if God was for it, I knew that with the economic crunch that everyone is going through....we shouldn't waste thousands of dollars on something I "want". Justin actually spent the next couple of hours convincing me to just do it...so, after calling my mom for advice (i always call her when I want to buy something...because I know she will always tell me to do it :) she brings up the crucial point that I NEED the particular item in question) I ordered it!
It will be here Tuesday, which is pretty fast but kind of stressfull because Jus and I leave Wednesday morn for Knoxville! My poor pretty machine will be sitting at home all alone for Thanksgiving :(
Anyway, it makes me think of things I am thankful for:
-My new Janome MB4
-How the room turns from black and white to color when Justin comes home from a weekend trip (you know, like in the Wizard of Oz)
-A week off of school for Turkey Day
-My mom always moving Thanksgiving to the weekend after...just for Jus and me
-Lindor Truffles from my secret pal at school
-My little doggie who is the ultimate example of unconditional love (seriously, that dog loves me...haha, I pretty much love her too)
-Being named the new director of the Girl's Ministry at Olive (I'll have to write a whole darn blog on that one...I am beyond excited)
-Jon & Kate Plus 8, CSI, The Hills, and UFC
-Guitar Hero World Tour (the complete band because I rock at all the instruments...on easy anyway)
-Chik-fil-a sauce....oh I could drink it!

Okay, I'm done now. Many more things I am thankful for...but I'm tired of typing :0)

Oh, but before I go, I must mention my favorite football teams just before rivalry week comes up(by the way, I pick favorites not necessarily on football talent, but on certain teams that hold a special place in my heart). So obviously I am a Florida State Alum so I have to root for the Noles. And I must say, they are getting back into the swing of things the last couple of games.As most of you know I was raised in the good ole state of Alabama. And you can't live...no even visit Bama without someone asking you...Who are you for?? Alabama or Auburn. Well, my family have always been hard core Auburn fans. Everyone I know graduated from Auburn and my Uncle is a season ticket holder (has been since I was born I think). So that means the only football games I went to as a young lad were the kind for the WAR EAGLES! Actually, it's sad but it's still true today, I don't go to Florida State games, but you should not be surprised if you see me at the Auburn games any time soon :)
Well, once upon a time I was born in the great state of Texas. I don't remember much about that time but I DO remember always being decked out in burnt orange gear. My all time favorite picture of me and my mom is us in our matching Longhorn gear. So, for some reason, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Longhorns. And actually, last year Justin and I were talking about how we are a house divided...I'm for Fl. State, he likes Florida, I'm an Auburn fan, he like Bama. We decided that we needed a team to root for together. I mentioned my affection for Texas and we made a pack to be Texas fans togther...I even got us some Texas gear while I was in Dallas. Little did we know they were any good...soon to be #1 after Oklahoma beat Texas Tech tonight!

5 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

look how cute you are....love it!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

You are seriously cute in that photo! I love that you and Jus picked a team to root for together! Also-Im super excited for you about your awesome new machine Christi! I miss you soooo much it hurts my little heart.
ps-Ruco and I will be home in 2 weeks! I think I NEED to see you!

Unknown said...

I don't know how I feel about my cousin (Justin) being a Texas fan when his cousin (me) is an Oklahoma graduate - well, law school grad anway. I guess I will love you guys just the same . . . just don't start saying "hook 'em horns" all the time! :)

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Haha, I don't know Mel, we've already got the country accents...sayin' "Hook 'Em" is pretty darn fun!!! hahhahha

We'll keep it to a minimum!

Anonymous said...

Go Longhorns!!! That is so awesome!
I love your blogs..
Crystal