layout

Thursday, June 18, 2009

26 weeks, 145 lbs.

Well, the week started off with me and my prissy little dog getting some much needed pampering, I took her to the grommer and got myself a mani and pedi...much needed people. I feel like I am always writing the horrid things about pregnancy on here, but there are definitely some good points too! So let's discuss: My nails grow out of control these days, and they are nice and strong, I now get my REAL nails done, not the fake kind! My hair is getting thicker and longer, still not thick or long enough, I don't think it will ever be though. People give me their chairs for no reason, well, besides that I am large. I like when people touch my belly, I'm not offended, or creeped out...at first I was embarrassed because it really just looked and felt like a fat roll that everyone was staring at and rubbing on but now, it definitely looks and feels like a baby...i have grown to like it :) And mostly, I am so happy to be having this baby. No matter what this pregnancy throws at me, she is so worth it. I have longed for her so much. So, ignore my complaining and know that deep down, this is the best thing that ever happened to me (besides you Jus, oh and Jesus of course!) haha!
So with that said, I will briefly mention that the nausea has peeked it's ugly little head again. It is not as constant as it used to be, but when it hits, it is stronger than ever. Again, totally worth it but, as you can see in the weight area, I was making some steady progress until now...that is all I will say about that :)

Today, we go to see Charleigh again! I can't wait, I just know she is doing fine because she is constantly moving, all the time, non-stop. Pretty much everyone in our immediate families has gotten to feel her. It's not hard, you just push on one part of my belly for a few seconds and BAM, she kicks you...she does NOT like people invading her space or disdurbing her sleep (she is SO going to take after her daddy). Justin's new favorite thing is to WATCH her kick, or roll. He thinks it is the funniest thing when my whole stomach is just jumping away or totally deforming as she switches sides...it's pretty weird feeling too I must say. He also likes to put is ear up against my belly and see if Charleigh will kick his face...I'm not sure where he got that from but he just laughs when she does it...he's so cute! By the way, he is now training for a marathon. He really wants to accomplish this by next spring, so he started training early. He doesn't seem to think the whole, having a baby thing, is going to effect his training patterns, I'll be anxious to see how no sleep and running several miles a day will add up on his already high stress level. I'm praying for his sanity already.
This weekend we headed up to Bama for the Annual Shrimp Boil. It was a lot of fun. It was the first time a lot of my extended family got to see Charleigh, you know, sticking out there. We had it in Sharry and Josh's new spacious back yard and Grannie didn't bring anything that had been in her freezer for a year so...all in all, it was one of the best! While there we celebrated my mom's bday...Happy Birthday Mommy!
Tuesday was our first GMCGR Bible study over the summer. My friends Leah Taylor and Rachel Traylor came and said, "Hey, we'd like to work with the high school girls!" To which I thought..."Hmmm, someone else wants to disciple MY little babies and I get to sit back and watch?" OF COURSE! I agreed! So we worked hard and fast and started the Bible study that basically tells these girls what they believe and why they believe it...we are teaching them how to use a concordance with the bible in order to find out the Greek and Hebrew meanings of the words they are reading, how to find scripture and archeology to back up what they "think" they know...we had almost 80 folks there Tuesday night! I was blown away that they are so willing to give up a part of their summer to just, dig deeper. This ain't no flowery, feel good bible study...it's grunt and work and dirty. Keep praying for these girls, we are trying to prepare them to lead evangelistic bible studies with their friends as they learn. I am so blessed to get to just see them in their pursuit...it's very motivating on my part as well.
Wednesday we had a little surprise party for Jon's 30th bday. He was definitely surprised. We took pictures that I will post someday...Ironically Jon isn't IN any of the pictures, just the girls...haha. We aren't self absorbed or anything...
Since Jon, Ang, Jack AND Joanna are in town this week, Paw Paw and Grandmama rented a beach house for us all to stay in for a few days. Jus and I didn't get to go last night but we will be laying our heads there tonight! yay!
I'll post pictures of Charleigh's ultrasound today when we get back!

2 comments:

Audge said...

ha ha! people used to rub your little fat roll! That was cute Christi!

I'm fixin to email you.. I got news!

Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

See you sooooo soon huh? ;)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi-that is one cute belly I have to say! I hope you and Jus has a wonderful and relaxing time at the beach house...Im sure its what you both need-and little Charleigh too! I love you so much and MISS YOU!!!!