layout

Saturday, August 08, 2009

33 weeks, 154.5 lbs

Well, last week started off by my sis Jessica and her fiance coming to visit...I think that is where I left off in my last post??? Well, we had a blast, just relaxing really, trying to get to the beach when it wasn't RAINING.

On Friday we had a doctor's appointment with my regular OB, he just measured and what-not. I'm still measuring a couple cm behind but that baby is measuring over so, they aren't worried about that at all :) That night everyone came over for our "Desserting Us" party for Jen and Felipe! Since they are moving to B'ham we decided to give them a hard time for desserting us and used that as our theme. Everyone brought desserts (my favorite!)
Yes, Jill and I read the same "party planning" blogs soooo, she kind of stole my thunder already, haha...heifer! Anyway, when everyone came in they were stopped by a note and a table at the door. It read, "Who Will You Miss Most?" I made pin-back buttons (yes I have a friggin' industrial button maker...what possessed me to buy that anyway) with Jen or Felipe's pictures on them. Each guest had to pick which one they were going to miss the most and wear their button all night! (Don't worry, Jen and Felipe don't get their feelings hurt by that kind of thing, they think it's funny)
The guests came in and we enjoyed the usual social gathering, converstaion, rockband/other boy video games, and FOOD!
All the cupcakes had little signs that read a sweet saying of "goodbye" in all the ways I could think to say it! And all the desserts had a clever name that wished our couple farewell...(too many desserts to show all of them but some of my favorite names were, "On the Rocky Road Again Ice Cream", and "Bon Bons Voyage", etc.)
Anyway, we all had a great time and sadly said goodbye to our friends...but, since my fam lives in Bama, I know I will still get to see them!

Then came Saturday morning...so tired. But, mom and dad showed up bright and early and Mom wisked me off to my Breastfeeding class at the hospital. Okay, now, this is the one area I am most scared of...I feel like no matter how much "research" you do on it, you just have to experience it to know what you are doing. Well, the class was BORING. We had these cute little plastic babies laying all swaddled in front of us the whole time and I got excited thinking we were going to practice how to hold them, etc. But we didn't touch the darn babies the whole time. The lady just talked and talked. Well, I touched my baby, I unwrapped and re-swaddled him many times in my boredom. I was really tired when I walked out of there. So, regardless, we rushed back home, got fixed up and headed to my SHOWER at the church. My girlfriends did SUCH a great job. Everything was black and white damask and polka dots and HOT PINK! Woo Hoo! So cute. They had tons of food and just impressed everyone with their planning skills.This is me and my mom opening gifts, well, I opened and she wrote them down :) And this is when I found out I was getting the big comfy, adorable polka dotted glider I wanted SO badly!!! Check out that face, it was followed by a scream. Big Mama's side of the family went in together and got it for us! This frame I am holding is too funny. The glider had to be special ordered, so it wasn't going to be here in time soooo, they took a picture of it, which was NOT in the right color or pattern, so they drew polka dots all over a green chair (trying to make it resemble the one I wanted), then they decorated all around the rocker to look like Charleigh's nursery, and to top it off, they wanted to represent Charleigh IN the glider chair soooo, they cut out a picture of MY body (in a cheerleading outfit none the less) and Justin's head (when he was a baby, and topped it off with a pink bow....I think I cried, I was laughing so hard!
Here are some of the GLIDER culprits! Big Mama and her kin folk. Justin's cousin Wendy and his Aunt Polly drove all the way down from Mississippi and Atlanta just for the shower...wasn't that the sweetest thing! Plus Wendy HAND QUILTED a black, white and pink quilt for Charleigh...cutest thing EVER!

Some of the guests at the shower...

PT and his wife wanted a picture...I was glad they didn't make me stand up because that chair was making my butt sweat...TMI?
This picture just makes me laugh cause Charleigh is WAY out there.
All my adorable gifts!
Jus did not want his picture taken since he was just there to load up the gifts...but I MADE him...for the child.
Granny and GrandMaMa
Everyone at the shower wrote a little note to Charleigh on a diaper, so that when I change her for days to come, I can smile at the thoughtful (and some, not so thoughtful) wishes everyone had for her!

We got home and mom and I went through all Charleigh's gifts again! I love doing that :)

Sunday rolled around and we headed to church and then lunch with the rents. Sadly, they had to head back home right after lunch :(

Monday we had our 5th night of childbirthing classes and it was pretty un-eventful. We did learn a lot about C-sections, which was helpful since we just may be having one! Justin was a little disturbed by how they do the surgery. He decided that there are two options of getting this baby out and he didn't like either of them...How does he think I feel!

Tuesday was our last night of GmCGR bible study :( It has been just awesome, those girls have grown so much and so have us leaders! Thanks to Leah Taylor for working with me on this and all the great insight she had. Amazing!

Wednesday I headed to the beach with Audrey, PJ, and Jill. It was just what I needed after a LONG few weeks. We all got to catch up and have fun together :) I need to take more pictures...(Jill, hook me up with that picture you took of me and Kennedy in the car...you know, the one that she is totally NOT paying attention to me in???)

Thursday was filled with meetings...not too formal though. Girls' ministry meeting over strawberry crepes at Village Inn, had to get a small rip in the leather on my car repaired during lunch and then headed to a dinner meeting with Jaime and Jen to say our goodbyes on a smaller scale.

Whew, then it was Friday. Hung out at the pool with Big Mama, Jill, Kennedy and her mom. I think Kennedy basically loves me. I refuse to believe she loves everyone that much, instead I will tell myself it is my amazing charm and good looks that attract her especially to me....Afterwards, Kennedy needed a nap so they headed over to my house and tested out Charleigh's new Pak-n-Play, I think it worked fine. Meanwhile, I got to hang out with Jillian just a little bit more before she heads back to the Natti!

This morning I am getting some laundry done (Charleigh's laundry of course), updating this thing, and sending out mass emails to prepare for our Mother /Daughter retreat next weekend!! ahhh, already?? Tonight is UFC party!

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

My sweet friend, I am so very sad that I missed your shower. I wish more than anything that I would have been able to come, and love on that Charleigh girl in your belly! You really are THE cutest. I loved seeing all these photos, and seeing them eased my pain somewhat! ha!

ps-I had no idea I ordered you a BEACH towel for your shower?!? What?! I thought it was a baby blanket when I ordered it online. haha! When you texted me that you used it at the beach, I was so very confused..hahaha!

I love you Christi, and pray for you everyday!!