layout

Friday, July 24, 2009

32 weeks, 153 lbs. (warning: Image overload!)

Holy busiest week ever BATMAN! Okay, okay, so it started out very relaxing...beach on Monday with Big Mama, then again on Wednesday with Audrey (my long lost friend who is FINALLY home from Japan!!!) and her sis PJ...who is a hoot!

Also on Monday we had our next round of Childbirthing classes. This week was "The One with the Videos" (did that sound like a Friends episode title just then?) Justin closed his eyes through most of it, I forced them open a few times but he insisted he did NOT need to know all this. I beg to differ... We also took a tour of Sacred Heart Hospital. We aren't sure where we want to deliver yet, there are pros and cons to both hospitals so, we'll take a tour of West Florida (hopefully Friday) and maybe we'll just KNOW? Justin also worked on his packing list of things "needed" at the hospital for delivery, let's just leave it at the fact that his idea of music to "help" your wife during labor includes his Jock Jamz CD...

Saturday was Jus's 10 year reunion. He was on the planning committee so he basically worked the event. For some reason he signed up to show up to the beach early that morning and reserve a pavillion for everyone. So there we were, 6:30am "reserving" our pavillion. The others finally got there around 10, and instead of taking off, for a nap, Justin wanted to stay and visit until 1:00!! I was so exhausted. So we hurried home, got some things done, got dressed up and went to the actual reunion at the Fish House. It was fun, but I was feeling pretty anti-social. I was just so tired, and my feet hurt...but Justin said I did fine and fought through it well. So, if he thought I was friendly enough, then I must have done a good job :) Justin was voted "Least Changed". He is still not sure if that is a good thing or bad, but I am pretty sure, from what folks told me about him in HS that it is definitely good. He's just as sweet, personable, and moral as he's always been. Hopefully a little less of a tease though...

I had to get up EARLY the next morning to get ready for church. We're talking 4:30am people! I picked up Grandmama and headed to Bama...I wanted to make it in time to attend the 9:15 church service. I figured if these people were throwing me a shower, the least I could do is show up a little early...just appearing for the shower might look a little greedy, don't ya think?

Anyway, it was the BEST shower ever...but I might be biased? Here are some awesome pics:

Let me start by giving you a tour of the place...

Little chocolate bars wrapped with pink and lime papers declaring the event where given as favors. Plus all the guests were given an envelope to write their addresses on...so I wouldn't have to when sending out Thank You cards!
The centerpieces were quite hilarious. Little babies in polka dot vases...weird at first, but they seemed to grow on you...pretty creative I'd say!

The food table, so adorable.

The tables, before all the guests arrived
Okay, can we say, "cutest baby shower cake of all time"?
I like to call this little joker the "fruit baby". She has her own little fruit stroller.
My corsage, which I am mostly showing because I really liked this picture ;)
Me, Mom and my Sisters! (yes, Lindsay is pregnant too! due in November)
Thought I'd throw in a maternity shot
We waited until the absolute last minute to cut the cake, no one could bare to ruin it. So, we debated over whether to give it a c-section or a masectomy...bye bye boobies!
The gorgeous furniture Trey (Jessica's fiancé) made for Charleigh! (If any of you out there need woodworking done...let me know, he's your guy!)
The changing table
This is me modeling the BIG gifts...furniture, and the LOAD of stuff from mom and dad. They got us the pak-n-play, travel system (stroller and carseat), and the matching swing!
All of the other loot Charleigh got to walk away with...Some of the shower guests (Jill I did NOT have to photoshop you into any pictures, people did show up after all! hahah)

Here are the little gifts I made to thank my hostesses...initial key fobs!
And here are updated pictures of Charleigh's nursery! (including her new furniture). We are still missing all the wall art and decorations (which is the job of her Granny). Plus Big Mama and I will be working on the bedskirt once things slow down a little...no, I still haven't steamed the shades.
Just another random craft I wanted to try out. I whipped up this little bib for Charleigh out of some cute polka dot fabric and the chenille minky dot material.
After the shower on Sunday, I spent some time with the fam, went to bed EARLY because I still hadn't recovered from the reunion, and the 4:30 wake up that morning. My feet and hands were soooo swollen...never seen them like that. My body was definitely trying to tell me something.
On Monday morning, I got up somewhat early, seems I can't sleep in anymore. So weird. And headed back home. Jessica and Trey followed us and are staying to visit until Friday. We've had fun so far, just relaxing, trying to work around every day life and find times to head to the beach, etc. Our next doctor's appointment is also on Friday and then our Going Away party for Jen and Felipe that night...
Saturday, mom and dad get here (along with some other far travellers, Auntie Shauntie and Wendy, Jill from the Nati, and Audge!) for the shower. Mom is going to get here early so that she can go to my nursing class with me that morning. She could probably teach the class. I told Jus that he didn't have to come to this kind of class, might be awkward for the poor boy, he's been through enough.
I am so excited about my shower on Saturday...I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures from that one too...those girls will impress I'm sure!

3 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

Im so glad you didnt need to photoshop me into the shower. you had a ton of people there silly! it looks like you had SO much fun too.

I really love seeing you and that belly. i cant wait to see you in just a couple days! you two got a lot of goodies! I am dieing to see the room in person.

also, I LOVE that bib. seems like baby K should have one too please? i wish i were as crafty as you...teach me little christi lynnee

and jock jamz...

GOOD IDEA! it always pumps ME up!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi! The nursery is SO awesome, and I am LOVING that your soon to be brother-in-law made all the furniture! AND WHOA did Charleigh ever get some loot! You guys are so blessed. I really wish I could be there for your shower in Pensacola..more than I can say. It makes me so sad that I have to miss it!

Just know how MUCH I wish I could be there, and how much I miss you Christi!!!!

Oh and how much I wish I could hug and love on that cute belly of yours!! :)

Audge said...

awww the party turned out great! ;)

great maternity shot!

And wow, the nursery.. what a great designer you are!!

Love to you!

You me beach.. t- a few days= fun