layout

Monday, December 22, 2008

A double portion.

Isaiah 61:7 (New International Version)
7 Instead of their shame, my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.

As we reflect on all that God has done in our lives over the past year, we look forward to an even greater level of the promises of God in the year to come!
Isaiah 61:7 promises that instead of shame and trouble, God will double the inheritance of His people and they'll be filled with everlasting joy.

This is God's promise to me: double for your trouble! A "double portion" of God's goodness, a "double portion" of His favor and wisdom on my life. That is our prayer for 2009.
It's time for me to trust God for the destiny that the enemy has tried so hard to convince me was impossible. It's time to believe God for the unimaginable. It's time to move beyond my past. I've been hurt, it's time to forgive. I've been discouraged, it's time to put on a garment of praise and experience the joy of the Lord. I've been worried and afraid, it's time to have faith like never before in the provision and purposes of God. It's time to live with confidence that God wants to give me a blessed and prosperous future in every area of my life!

The power of God's promises and His love for me is so much stronger than the pain of my past. We know this in our hearts. God wants us to use our troubles as a springboard into our future. Our troubles are what God often uses to take us to a new, higher level of living. This is what is so great about our God. He takes any trouble we have and says, "I will give you double the inheritance for your trouble." Twice the joy, twice the fulfillment, twice the impact . . . twice the life!"

We're believing for twice the life. We're asking God to open twice as many doors this year for hope to find its home in twice as many places.
With all of the challenges in the world today, what we have done in the past won't be able to take us to where God is calling us to go in the future. We need God to multiply us — He's the source of every blessing, every gift and every hope for tomorrow.

As we were getting ready for church last Sunday morning (just a few days after we found out that we lost our third baby) Justin was getting ready and singing "God is Good, All the Time". I just stopped what I was doing (in the other room) and sat there and listened. It was very sweet. Sweet for my soul. He is good...all the time. Throughout the last week, I've asked Justin to sing that song periodically...songs mean a lot to me, they are so full of expression and emotion. I cling to songs when I'm happy and when I'm sad. To hear this song come from the ONE person on this earth that I KNOW is going through the same emotions and hurts that I am...was so very sweet.


God is good
all the time
He put a song of praise
in this heart of mine
God is good
all the time
Through the darkest night,
His light will shine
God is good,
God is good
all the time

If you're walking
through the valley
And there are shadows all around
Do not fear,
He will guide you
He will keep you safe and sound
'Cause He's promised
to never leave you
Nor forsake you
and His Word is true

God is good
all the time
He put a song of praise
in this heart of mine
God is good
all the time
Through the darkest night,
His light will shine
God is good,
God is good
all the time

We were sinners -
so unworthy
Still for us He chose to die
Filled us with His
Holy Spirit
Now we can stand and testify
That His love is everlasting
And His mercies -
they will never end

God is good
all the time
He put a song of praise
in this heart of mine
God is good
all the time
Through the darkest night,
His light will shine
God is good,
God is good
all the time

Though I may not understand
all the plans you have for me
my life is in your hands
and through the eyes of faith I can clearly see...

God is good
all the time
He put a song of praise
in this heart of mine
God is good
all the time
Through the darkest night,
His light will shine
God is good,
God is good
all the time

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Christy,

Thank you so much for this post. I needed it so bad as well. My heart breaks for you and Justin, but like you said, I see those many blessings in your life and so many in your future. I cannot wait for January 1, it’s going to be a great year.

Just curious, have you listened to the song that is the first on my list on my blog? If not, you should really check it out. It brought me so much peace and continues to.

With love,
Leanne

Susana M Kepner said...

Amen sister!!