layout

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

21 weeks, 139 lbs


Alright, the weight is officially coming in buckets! I'm not too worried about it except for the fact that my husband looks at the scale this morning and proclaims, "Geez you weigh almost 140lbs!" To which I gave him an evil stare...then he tried to defend his comment by saying "You have an excuse, you're pregnant." This did not help. I explained to him that he might as well have said, "Geez your a huge heifer!". haha, oh well, I'm enjoying every minute of it. Hopefully P90X will help me after little Charleigh is here! (Joanna, I really hope I can do this!)

Well, as for symptoms: Nausea is a long lost friend. Sunday was a dizzy/nauseous day but other than that, I haven't had to take my medication in a while :) Yay. I am up a lot more at night now, with the whole back pain thing and now the peeing thing has started back again. Prissy has always slept with me at night and even SHE is getting annoyed with my constant movement...she's over there with Jus most nights now, or under the bed completely. Sad :(

My first Pre-Mother's Day was Sunday. A lot of people remembered me on Mother's Day which I considered very sweet since I haven't technically gone through the perils of motherhood yet. I am so excited to stand up with all the mothers next year on Mother's Day! Charleigh left me a card (thanking me for giving her so much maccaroni) and a basket of flowers on the counter. Yes, I said a BASKET of flowers...haha, you know the kind you get for your grandmother?? Justin and I laughed at Charleigh's taste in floral arrangements...she needs to take lessons from her daddy who always sends mommy the BEST arrangements (from a floral shop of course)...I think it is the whole "going to the store and picking them out yourself" that threw her off :) Needless to say, it was a perfect gift on a perfect day!

So, I was looking back through some of my pregnancy pictures and realized that I didn't have ANY of my full body, like face and all. haha, I never realized that it might be nice for my child to see my smiling face along with my fat belly! So, here is one at 21 weeks!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Christi! You are still so tiny! I don't believe for a second what that scale says! I am only 9 lbs more than you right now and I am so much more of a huge heffer than you at this point! You are so lucky that you aren't getting gigantic everywhere! Woo Hoo for 21weeks! I am so excited for you!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Um yes! What she said! :) You are so tiny, and are only growing that little baby bump. I don't see any growth anywhere else! ha! You are too cute. I love you Christi!!!

Audge said...

Christi,
that picture of you is soo cute!
Wow, It's gonna be so crazy seeing you with a little belly in REAL life and not just on your blog! ahhhhh How exciting!
Love ya,
Audge

Chasity said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that your story has touched me in such a great way. I haven't read your whole blog but you have been a blessing to me just the same. My husband & I found out about a missed m/c in January and then again with our 2nd pregnancy a couple days before Mother's Day. Some days I am so dicouraged but I think of you and remember that this is all part of our testimony and our journey is not in vain. Congratulations on your little girl, you are going to be such a wonderful mother. I believe you already are!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I had the weirdest dreams last night. I was hanging out with your family. Just me. And was watching your nephew Cole, and we were shopping for Charleigh, only Charleigh wasn't really a girl! She was a boy. I hope this isn't some kind of prophesy!! ha!!