layout

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Halfway There! 20 weeks, 137 lbs.

I can't believe I am halfway there. I remember thinking I would never get this far, and if I ever did, the world would be my oyster! And it is! I am well into the 2nd trimester and am just now realizing why people say this is the best time of pregnancy. The nausea is almost gone completely! I haven't tossed my cookies in weeks! I have an episode or two in the middle of the night sometimes but, they are few and far between now...yayayyay! I am really starting to show, all my co-workers and the kiddies at school comment on it every day. They keep calling it my "little belly"...which is endearing, it doesn't seem so "little" to me. I look down and BAM there it is, just sticking out there. I've found that I fit through tight places better facing frontward rather than turning to the side like most people do, that's weird to know. I'm starting to reap the public benefits of pregnancy now, like, common courtesy stuff...people rush to open doors for me (like I'm a little helpless being...I'm for it!), if there are lines in the bathroom, lots of people will let me jump them (no I don't ask!), and I am NEVER allowed to lift heavy things...even if they really aren't that heavy! I hate lifting things, so this means a lot to me personally. I'm looking to really enjoy this time when I am not so huge that it makes me physically uncomfortable, I can still wear all my normal clothes and it doesn't look terrible, and my growing belly is starting to make my thighs look smaller! - added bonus! One other cool thing that has been happening lately is that my tummy gets lop-sided now. I can sometimes tell which side she is on because one side of my belly is harder or sticks out a little farther...so weird, yet so cool.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some negative things going on. Like...back pain. Oh, nighttime is not my favorite. I already woke up nightly with back pain from my scoleosis (sp?) but, it's not the same. Before I could always pop my back and relieve the ache, reposition, and go back to sleep immediately. Now...my muscles in my back are so tight, that they won't let my back pop. So there is no relief, I try to reposition but, I just wake up in more pain an hour later. Some nights are better than others so I won't complain.

Anyway, I went to see Dr. Mehta on Tuesday. He measured and listened to her heartbeat and said everything seemed great. I had been feeling this weird feeling lately and it started again while I was sitting there with him. I described it to him and asked what it could be. He got back out the little doppler thingy and started listening again. Every time I felt the weird twinge he said she was rolling over and doing flips! I didn't know that's what it was...He actually commented that she was one of the most active babies he's seen...I believe it!

I have my first baby shower a week from today and am SO excited! I'll post pictures!

5 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

im so glad you are feeling a little better. you will feel like yourself soon, i promise! and you do indeed have a LITTLE belly. its so very cute. im excited for your baby shower, showers are so very fun. have a good time!

Kristen said...

Woo hoo for 20 weeks...yes, I will be woo hooing for each and every week that goes by! I am so happy that you have made it to this wonderful milestone in pregnancy! Not much longer to go, and is it just me, or has this just flown by...?

Unknown said...

Yay!! Already half way there!! WOW! 2nd trimester was so fun for me!! Looking forward to shower pictures :)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Ok funny thing, I read your entire post before realizing we have the same background for our blog. haha! Great minds think alike! :) Actually, I think it should be attributed to our shared extreme girliness. ha!
Your belly is so cute. I love it! YAY for being half-way there! I am so thankful for how God is blessing you my heart with sweet Charleigh. She will be here before we know it!!!! I cant wait!!!!
YAY for your shower..post pics with all your loot! I wish I could be there to go to one of your showers...:(
I love you and miss you Christi!!!!!!!!

Audge said...

Christi!
You have certainly come such a long way! You're like a little girl walking through tokyo disney land.. or a little boy in a candy shop! I can just see your big ol' grin right now!
I gotta see that lil baby asap!!
Soon Soon! ;)
Love you Christi,
Audge