layout

Friday, May 29, 2009

23 Weeks, 142.5 lbs - WOAH!

I know I am late yet again with my weekly update... I promise I am trying but it is SO busy right now. Soon, school will be done and the Girls' Ministry will be on a break...and maybe then. For now, you get a short post with pictures :)

New Symptoms: My whole stomach area is flaking/peeling. What is that about? Never read that in any of my baby books or heard any other pregnant woman talk about it. But, every morning I lube up with Tummy butter and every evening when I undress, flakes are everywhere. It's like I'm shedding my skin...weirdness.

Her kicks, are now officially visible. I don't spend much time just staring at my stomach but during certain times when I'm forced to be still, you can see her. I was sitting by a little high school girl on Wednesday night at church and she kept looking at my belly...haha, I finally acknowledged to her that "Yes, that was the baby she was seeing!" haha, I think she was a little freaked. Not only that but, her movements are now so big that she physically wakes me up at night. You know when you wake up because you are startled and you KNOW something just happened but you aren't sure quite what it was...that happens over and over again now. It scared me at first because I thought something was wrong, like my water was breaking or I was having contractions or something...but, I guess it's just her doing her gymnastics as 3 am!


Pictures from my Teacher Shower:Brandy, Me and Mom (Mom Wow, I didn't have any of you...where were you during pictures?)
All the Teacher Hostesses
GIFTS!

And Food!

5 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

a fondue fountain!?! I bet you were in HEAVEN! i just love your little growing belly. isnt it so fun when you finally pop and everyone just looks at you in adoration =) i love hearing about all the movement. Kennedy was so active and Im just remembering it all over again.

also, thanks for your comment. Im just having a hard time adjusting I guess because my whole life i was privileged and my parents wanted to give me everything they never had. but now I just dont care. I would rather a child be able to eat and survive or have an education, than me carry around yet another coach bag. i really am just over the excess, bc when i die christi shirley, tyner, (i always forget thats your name now) Who will care about whats in my closet! or what kind of car I drove?? i submit that NO ONE WILL CARE! so basically, im pretty sure that I would rather use what God gives me for something that counts, basically. yup. so sorry for another soapbox. i just wanted to reply to your comment about that fam. its cool they are teaching their kids about giving, and less about having.

so back to you and that baby...well i love you both

tata now

lylas =)

you know you just laughed at that

Mrs. J Manny said...

oh yea, and um, please stop depressing me with your "Weight gain" i still weigh so much more than that, and I gained 50 L-B's when I was preggo so uh, kiss my foot...and i mean in that in the most loving way.

skinny minnie

Audge said...

chocolate strawberries gallore!!
freeze and save some for me! I can make bannana pops to go with them.. muuhahahaha!

Jen never told me her stomach flaked.. that's funny. hmmm I guess keep up with the belly butter stuff huh? That's all you can do.
I'm really excited for y'all!
you KNOW I can;t wait to see you two, no.. three!
Love,
Audge

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

You are sooo cute my heart! I can't even take it. I'm so glad your shower was a blast! Hey-the girl on the end in the photo of all your teachers looks like Claudia. Is it her? I tried to click on the photo to take a better gander but I wasn't able to. Anyway, I really love you, and am growing more and more excited to see and hear the story of Charleigh's grand debut in only a few more weeks!!

Big Mama said...

I possibly had already gone to work. Somebody's gotta work to pay for that cadillac stroller Charleigh and I need!