layout

Monday, September 26, 2005

All i wanna do........Is grow old with you........


Matt and Kristen are engaged!!! Yay, so I basically get mad props, being that I have never held a secret for this long………..three weeks! Three weeks! That is seriously a record. And now the secret is out! They’re engaged. I love it. They are so cute. Two peas in a pod even. Oh and the ring……. GORGEOUS! That boy knows his diamonds! Hahah! St. Patrick’s Day is never gonna know what hit it. So since Kristen refuses to have a blog and put all her business out for the world to see………I’ll do it for her!! He proposed on her front porch, the place they shared their first kiss, the place they shared their first “I love you”…plus he said he wanted her to be able to wear that ring all night!! So sweet! After taking her to Jackson’s and a play they wrapped the night up in no better place than …….our house, where I proceeded to make them pose for random pictures in the kitchen. What can I say, I’m a mom at heart!

Okay so a little about our weekend. We ate dinner with Rachel and Charlie on Thursday night which was so fun being that we don’t get to see those kids too much now-a-days. They are moving in their new house next week and I know they are soooo excited!
Friday we got to babysit Mollye (Rachel’s basset hound) while Charlie and Rachel went to Memphis. She is so sweet! She’s been feeling real bad lately and I was so glad to see her running around (well, waddling) and playing with Prissy and Spencer. I am praying that she has a miraculous recovery.

Saturday, after Kurt called 3 times in the wee hours of the morning before he realized he was calling our house phone instead of justin’s cell, I got up and took the dogs to the groomer’s. Prissy looks so much older, she is completely grey now and sooo shiny. She is adorable. Justin and Kurt spent the day putting up an electric wire around the bottom of our fence so that Spencer can’t dig his way out. The first time he touched it all four of his feet came off the ground……..so cruel! But I will admit that I laughed. And I went and bought him a new cedar doghouse, it is so cute and since it has been raining like crazy due to Rita, he loves it! After all that labor we took a long nap, I think that is becoming a staple in our marriage. Then it was DATE NITE!!! Yayy! We grabbed some grub and went to the movies, which doesn’t sound like much but we’re talking about the two kids who always plan on going to the movies and always end up renting one and lounging on the couch. It was good to get out for once. Then Matt and Kristen came over to celebrate the engagement.

Sunday morning came wayyyy too early. I was real excited about seeing my kids though……..they always make me laugh. For example, I was trying to teach them how small things can have big impacts. So I put a Tylenol, a breath mint, and a pile of salt on the table and had them guess what they all had in common. I thought this would be an easy task but I underestimated the little boogers. I asked them to tell me what each of the items were in which they all at once replied……. “Tylenol, a breath mint, and COCAINE”. You can’t plan this type of thing, I know I am supposed to be the Sunday School teacher but I couldn’t help but bust out laughing. After which I gave my “just say no to drugs” speech of course! After church, we all went to hang out with Joanna and James at Ms. Joy’s house. Jo and James look happier than they ever have together (well since I have been around) and I really see that it is an answered prayer, I just love them and can’t wait to see them get married. Just as long as they don’t have cuter babies than me!! Hahah! After lunch we went home and of course……..took a nap! One of God’s little blessings. Next we went to Ashley’s house, mostly to see Ash, but while I was there I HAD to buy make-up from her. I really HAD to, it’s in my bones!! During which I realized that if it is in a pretty bottle or had the words “princess” or “angel” in the name……..I will buy it!! She is starting to sell BeautiControl (a Christian company) so if you are interested let me know, she is coming out with a website to order from soon………I can’t wait to get in my first order! (and so ends my sales pitch for Ashley)
Next on the list was Tokyo with Matt and Kristen. It was fun, this is the restaurant Jus and I went to on our first date……remember that Jill. I didn’t want to go with him by myself (I didn’t know the kid) so we ate with Jill and her date to PROM. Hahhahah! Fun times! Oh and just when you think the night is over, we went grocery shopping……..where I found that Justin has the same problem as me, if it looks cool he will buy it! Haha! And so the nite was over.

But my favorite part of this whole blog was this morning. As Justin got up at the crack of dawn while I am still drooling on my pillow, he did the sweetest thing. I guess he saw that I was cold and he got a blanket and came and covered me up………well I guess it isn’t much but I loved it. It is those little things that just get my heart! He took the time out of his busy morning and just thought about me for a minute. I really do find myself falling in love with him again and again.


Tonite, it’s manicures and pedicures with Mom Wow, then MNSC, and then my favorite, Laguna Beach!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, prayers are answered. I always thought Matt and Kristen belonged together. please make sure they see this.

Matt- dude I'm proud of you, it's been a while since we've hung out now that I'm way up here in Raleigh, but God has done a lot of great stuff in your life I know.

Kristen- it was so great to get to chat with you again at Jen's wedding, I was so amazed to see how God took the Kristen I knew in high school, who was a pretty cool girl no doubt, and turn her into a remarkable woman. I could see a type of maturity in you that could only come from God himself.

Point is, I love both of y'all and know that y'all are in my prayers!

Jo said...

Um, I have nothing to say, but I know it will make you so happy to have a little comment waiting on you when you get to work! I love you, and no I will not get married just so I can be cool like everybody else! I'll just be cool Aunt Jo and babysit all the babies... for a price, of course! hahahah... two weeks two weeks two weeks!

Mrs. J Manny said...

hey yea! let them see mine too! cuz i have no clue how to congratulate them other than this! i really am soo happy for the two of you, and your love story is truly remarkable and exciting and i just love it and i love both of you! and i hope real soon that we can all go bowling because well... i miss it!! tear! anyway, thanks my sista christi for the relaying of this message. you are hot and i love you to bits!