layout

Monday, September 19, 2005

Furniture, Hernias, and Fleas...Oh MY!

Ahhh, the end of another great weekend! Soo, let's see, I have lots to tell you about since my last post. We got all our new furniture on Friday. I am extremely happy with it. It's just gorgeous! I was scared at first, that all the massive pieces that make up my beloved bedroom suite wouldn't fit in the room but, through much prayer and patience ( and a couple hernia's by Justin, Jeremy, Matt, and the movers) we prevailed! I just love waking up to the smell of the new cedar and then i open my eyes and I get so giddy. I am so thankful that my husband is so stern with our money yet when he knows i REALLY want something, he never denies me. This makes me want to be more reasonable and so grateful when he does give in! Also friday, tori and I started our new ritual of packing our lunch ( I figure the money I save could go towards some sweet new heels!) and meeting in the park for our quiet time. I really think that God is renewing my "first love" for him. I find myself longing for this break in the day when i can just talk about him. I just have this new obsession with always wanting him on my lips, I think it is because the more he is on my lips, the more he is on my mind! I love that. I never want to stop thinking of him. I never want my focus to be on anything but him. That is what we were created to do.......love him with everything we are! During our first quiet time in the park Tori said something that really made me think.........to shorten the story........because Tori decided to move to DC, someone at her place of employment who was on the "let go" list, will instead have a job!!! Tori says all the other people there have families to support and all that jazz. I just couldn't stop thinking that this person would never know that he/she was on the "let go" list, and therefore would never know what a horrific bullet they dodged and what a tremendous blessing God poured on their family! Which makes me wonder......how many "secret" blessings does God give to me??? I will never know, but I felt the need to praise him for them. Even when you think you have no blessings to count, you may have some that you can't. God is so cool! Sneaky sneaky, but cool!
Later that night Matt, Kristin, and Kurt came over for pizza and a competetive game of "Catchphrase"........it was brutal, haah! My synopsis on the situation is this......Matt uses too big of words, Kristin knows things that no one else on earth knows, Kurt can get people to guess things without even saying a word, Justin is the biggest smack talker of all times, and I WIN!! haha!

Saturday was wonderful bliss! Jus and I just got to spend time together.........which seems so far and between these days. I just LOVE our times together. He has the most gentle heart and at that moment his ultimate goal is to make me feel like i am the only one who exists, like a Princess. We just laid around the house (on our new furniture) and gave each other our full attention. As Ms. Joy would call it.......we doted! That is my favorite place to be. Then Saturday night Mom Wow came over and we watched Armagedon and did laundry. It was fun.

Sunday was trying to live up to the greatness of Saturday with all it's might. After an awesome sunday school with the 10th graders (hilarious kids) and the motivational message from Ted Traylor we set off to Destin with our friends Matt and Kristin........I love those kids. They have to sweetest love story. You can just tell they adore each other. We did so much shopping that even I, the shopping Czar, was ready to turn it in for the night. So we grabbed some dinner at Hard Rock and headed back to the homestead. Overall, it was a great weekend!

One bad thing that happened this weekend............Prissy got FLEAS!! I just don't understand, she never goes outside! How does the most pampered dog in the world get fleas??? well, thankfully there is frontline and this new pill called Capstar, which kills all the fleas in 30 minutes. Harley Bogart, are you listening???

So tonight I look forward to MNSC (Monday Night Supper Club, for those of you who aren't members, don't feel bad, there are only 3 of us! ) It's Ms. Joy's pork chops.........yessssssss!

And for those of you in town, bowling night has offically moved to Tuesday! But since Kim (the Oops alley owner) loves Matt and Justin, we now get college night rate on Tuesday night too!! God is good! I love you all!

3 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

oh how i wish i could come to Tuesday night bowling! i miss shopping with you and eating lunch with you, and living with you, even thought that was a looonnnnggg time ago. I just miss it all Christi. You are such a great friend and I cant wait to come back to the homestead and play with you. i love you!

Anonymous said...

Justin, Christi... gosh I wish I could be down there. Justin you know that with my biceps I could have easily moved that furniture upstairs.

I pray God moves Brandi and I closer to y'all. I sure could use a couple like y'all when I get in a church. You'll always be two of my favorite people.

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

DAN THA MAN!! oh excuse me I mean DR. DAN THA MAN! we really could have used you on moving day......that 360lb. dresser would have been mincemeat in your path (no really, it was 360lbs.) hahah!

I wish more than anything you guys would come back, that would be oh so fun! Hope you like bowling though, my husband is basically obsessed and it hasn't died down yet. We love you so much and just know that God is gonna do such amazing things through you and Brandi, even more than he already has. I can't wait to see how he blesses your faithfulness!

p.s. how in the world did you find out about our blog???