layout

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Bless Yourself!

Okay so Monday night was "Laguna Beach" night which is my favorite show of all times......I miss Audrey! (But soon Jo will be my new Beach Bum Buddy) and I basically hate Kristen (even though I think she is extremely cute and i might would be her friend) I just hate how she treats boys, and how they all forsake the good girls for her! it just ain't right man. I wish she would stay away from Talan so him and Taylor can live happily ever after.......and this is how i feel. Stay tuned next week for episode 23 recaps.

So this week I am 'on-call' at work. Since i am a Software Engineer for law enforcement officers, this means that whenever they break something (which we all know is an easy thing to do) I make it all better. Well, the 'on-call' person gets all the calls from these officers after hours. Meaning from 5pm-8am the next morning!!! yeah it is as bad as it sounds. So, not only is there great potential that i will be awaken during my 8 hour slumber but I can also be interrupted from other fun activities. For example, Tuesday night bowling was virtually non-existent for me last night. I had so many calls that i spent the entire night outside in the humidity because i couldn't hear for all the noise inside. So i finally packed up and left Justin and the others there to finish their fun night without me.........=( And even worse, I went to get a manicure/pedicure which is on my top ten list of fun things to do, but now I think the little Vietnamese people hate me because everytime my stupid phone rang I pulled my hand away to answer it. I will forever be branded as the "won't hold still" girl! But hey, at least I know I am helping law enforcement to better do their job, to protect and to serve, and I hope one of those hefers tries to give me a ticket..........

So I am reading this book called "First Love" by Bill Bright. It is all about getting back to that passion and devotion that you had when you were first saved. And I am really getting a lot from it so far. "Nothing is as sad as the glowing embers of a once blazing devotion." I am a very object-oriented and this picture is perfect to me. Probably beacause love and passion are things that almost make you burn inside and when they are absent or fizzle out, this is the picture in my mind, ashes and embers. Whenever I picture my devotion like this it motivates me to rekindle my fire. So as I am renewing my first passion of my savior I am realizing that it is causing me to renew the other relationships in my life. And it all comes down to selflessness, and there is a huge difference between being selfless and not selfish. Sometimes, especially in my marriage, I tend to reward myself, in a sense, for not being selfish.........you know like, not trying to get everything I want, or not doing things only that benefit me. But I truly want to learn to be selfless, this is more of a complete disregarding of myself. Not that I don't want good things but that I don't let that be my motive in any action. I don't want any thoughts of myself or my benefit to come before I do anything, but only the benefit of someone else. I want my actions to benefit God, I want my actions to benefit Justin, I want my actions to benefit my family, I want my actions to benefit every friend I've ever had..............It's not about ME! One of my favorite quotes is "Don't think less of yourself, think of yourself less". I wish it weren't human nature to think this way. I hope that I can teach my children one day how to think of others first, but I don't know how if I can't do that very action myself. So this is my goal! Since I have undertaken this endeavor my relationship with my husband has grown so much sweeter. Not to mention my relationships with some of my friends. It is so amazing how love truly does multiply! I wasn't going to but, i think justin would be saddened if I didn't mention the gorgeous bouqet of flowers he sent to my work yesterday........tiger lilies......my favorite! I just count it as a blessing God is using to encourage me on this path. I have come to appreciate my husband like never before. This past month has been one adorable thing after another, flowers here and there, sweet cards, little gifts, and the most precious, his time and attention. I hope that I can be as good a spouse to him as he as been to me.

Well, I am looking forward to this weekend, I am finally going home! yayyy! I miss my family so much and I can't wait to see all my neices and nephews and meet sharry's new boyfriend. I'll update you all on how that goes. Plus Jessica is on the homecoming court at our high school, I hope she does well but either way, she totally gets to wear a cute dress! Hey that's winning to me!

Okay I am gonna end this blog with the funniest story........so as i am praying last night, and telling jesus how much I love him and thank him and praise him for who he is.........you know how when you are really tired you catch yourself just rambling in your prayers and not really knowing what you are talking about at all.........well when i finally came to my senses I heard myself say, "God Bless you"......................I was talking to God and I said God Bless You. I have no idea how that came about but i started laughing histerically, much the same as I did today at lunch when i was telling Tori this story. I mean really, I might as well have said, "Bless yourself". And so this will become my new catch phrase........

Bless Yourself,
Christi

2 comments:

Jo said...

I can't wait to come home so you can be my Laguna Beach Buddy! Every Monday night! OK, so this one coming up will be the last one we have to watch apart from each other. And I do NOT like Kristen either... she is too mean! And we can be selfless together... I will do nice things for you, and you do nice things for me! It'll be a great partnership! I love you!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

I'm for it!