layout

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hey! Do I know you?

So our weekly bowling ritual is turning out to be much more fun than I imagined. And I can see significant improvement in my game. My new high score is 181…….pretty good for a kid who bowls underhanded in order to save her nails from destruction (who says my priorities are messed up??) But as impressive as that may be, it doesn’t hold a candle to Justin’s 266!!! Yeah, he was so proud of himself…….he made the lady at the desk print out the score card, we’re getting it framed to put on the “man room” wall! It really was amazing. He had 9 strikes in a row! Also, more good news on bowling, Kurt and Toby have submitted their application and were accepted as regulars (that was a joke people). Jennifer and Felipe came for the first time on Tuesday and I am praying that those two will join in on our weekly meeting, that way I’ll have someone I can beat every week (and I am not talking Jenn here! Sorry to call you our like that Felipe)

On another good note, those disgusting parasites known as fleas have now left the building………my little Prissy is back to normal! Yayyy. Praise God for the free new world! (that was a throw-back to Jill’s kindergarten Thanksgiving play of which she can still quote her lines perfectly). But just when you thought it was safe to go outside we have another insect problem………..Love bugs. I really don’t like that they are called “Love” bugs, because I basically hate them!! Please, let me explain……..you see, my oh so splendid husband is quite the handyman, always fixing things, and hanging things, and mowing and building………on his quest to rid our new house of all the insects that came in during the building process, he goes to the hardware store and buys the most potent pest killer they have!! (which I was completely for at this point!) After he sprays it, we still have all these bugs, they are just dead bugs now. Which is fine because he bought me a cute little dust-buster to vacuum them up with so that I don’t have to touch anything gross. But then the trauma came……..anyone who lives in Florida knows about the love bug situation at this time of year, they are EVERYWHERE. And like most insects they swarm to light, namely, our porch light. While this, in itself, is not so horrible, when you combine the swarms of love bugs with the insane amounts of pesticide my husband distributed in and around our house……..they don’t just swarm to our front porch, they DIE there!! So we have a sea of thousands of these bugs on our porch, dead. It is sooo bad! A little girl came to our door selling raffle tickets and wouldn’t even come on the porch because she was scared of all the bugs!!! I felt so bad that I bought ten! Hahaha!

So in the middle of writing this blog I went to lunch. While there Tori and I talked a lot about “the people who REALLY know you”. Who are these people?? As most of you know, I live in a place that I am not from. As a matter of fact, 5 years ago I didn’t know any of the people that are in this town. And sometimes (like every three months or so) I get insanely homesick. I miss the people who know my past. They know the way I think and why I think that way. I miss my family, my mom whom I go to for any and every major decision, my brothers and sisters who can hear or see something and I know without a doubt will react the exact same as me, my high school friends and teachers who respected me for my accomplishments and just knew who I was and what I stood for. Yeah, maybe it’s those people who REALLY know me??? But then there is my husband. Who truly knows my heart more than anyone on the planet. He knows everything that I am going through in the present. He knows my dreams, my hopes, my wishes, my hard times, my good times. I couldn’t make it through life without his love. And his family whom have completely taken me in as their own, whom I love dearly. I know how blessed I am to have great in-laws, I really do cherish them. Hey, and there are my best friends. Oh gosh how I love those kids. I can laugh harder than ever, and lip-sync until the sun goes down with them. I can share all my excitements and disappointments with them. I wouldn’t trade their friendship for the world……..maybe it’s truly these people who REALLY know me. But then one day I will have children and their very life will depend on me. They will be with me every waking moment and I will instill everything I am in them. Surely my child will REALLY know me??? It’s at the end of this thought that I realize that I NEED all these people. Separated they all have pieces of me, but together they make up my entire past, present, and future. And the only one who truly knows my every thought and desire, every hair on my head is my one and only Jesus. Do you see how much we NEED him. What a gift it is to always have someone with you that truly KNOWS you!!! And I am so glad he is the one who REALLY understands me because he is the only one who will never leave me or forsake me. This single thought encourages me.

Now I will step off my soapbox because Justin says my blogs are too long! Sorry Jus, if you made it this far in reading! (I’m guessing he quit in the second paragraph……although he does like to skip to the end sometimes so maybe I put this comment in the right place!) I love you my onion-butt!

2 comments:

Jo said...

OK, dead bugs all over the place? Hmmm, let's hope that's all cleaned up by the time I roll into town! And, sorry, but don't get your hopes up about my much-anticipated arrival, because I'll go ahead and tell ya... I hate bowling! Do you copy, good buddy? Over and out!

Jo said...

Oh, and as for the Jill throwback... the winters were hard, and the winters were cold!