layout

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Parents are fun =)

Well this week has been a good one. We did our usual everyday thing the first few days of the week and then things heated up towards the end. Thursday night was another pedicure party, but this one was even better cause it was at Kristi's new crib...which of course means that Kristi's crazy kin and soon to be kin (Marti) were there. Haha, I think that is the most anyone has ever laughed while doing pedicures. And next week Carol, Tori, Marti and I have a makeover date, my absolute favorites!!!

Then on Friday my mom and dad came to visit! yayyyyy! Daddy had never seen our house before and the last time mom had seen it, it was halfway painted. They loved it and we had so much fun just relaxing. Well, Justin and my dad relaxed while me and my mom SHOPPED........I guess some things never change?? Saturday we woke up and ate a big pancake breakfast and then me and mom headed out for what else..........shopping. We got the beads to make Sharry's bridesmaid jewelry (In case you didn't know, I'm the expert on bridesmaid jewelry, haha). We did some fun crafts which we hid from the boys until they were finished and unveiled them like the special-ed children we are. haha. I love doing crafts with my mom. It seems that we walk through a store, see an item and my mom proclaims, "We should get this and do _____with it." In normal life, she would say this and keep walking but, with our powers combined, I'm the one who gets excited about what she is suggesting and just HAVE to do it! So I actually force her to put her good ideas into action. It's a great team effort.
Saturday night we rented a movie and made mega nachos and all cuddled up on the couch to enjoy. It was great. And then there was this morning.

We taught the 10th graders in Sunday School, next Sunday is our last one with them =( We decided to join the new "young couples" class that started a couple weeks ago. I am beyond excited, we got to go to lunch with a lot of the couples last week and I loved them. Two of them are pregnant. And just today Matt and Elizabeth Arnold joined the class too! I really can't wait. I'll still get to teach my lovlies on Wednesday nights though. It's a new phase and I'm so happy for it.

So that brings us to the present time. I cooked mexican food for Justin and some of his buddies who wanted to have a Poker night, but then some of the guys canceled and now it's just "sit on the couch and be lazy night" with a little bit of "let's wrestle each other until our faces turn red night" too. As you can tell, I'm uber excited!

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

awww...i love cindy! Shes soo cute!!! Also, the young couples class sounds soo awesome!! I want to go!!