layout

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Births, and Baptisms, and Baldness, OH MY! (week 8)

Tuesday afternoon Charleigh had a doctor's appointment..not her two month checkup, this was just an appointment I scheduled because I'm paranoid and wanted her to get checked out. Turns out, she was almost 10 pounds! Holy Mackrel! Doc said she should be eating about 3 oz and she is definitely eating about 5 during the day and 6 at night! PIGGY! As a matter of fact, we moved her up to a BIG bottle this week, you can only fit 4 ounces in the small one. It looks so much bigger than her! She does NOT have thrush, we aren't sure she really ever had it (her gums are just lighter, which looks like thrush!), her lungs sound good, explosive poos are okay apparently and she DOES indeed have some serious reflux. So she is now on Zantac (liquid version). Poor baby.

Developmentally she is changing too. This week Jus and I noticed that she tries to watch TV. haha, she just ignored it before and now, she turns her head to look at the light box! She can totally get her thumb in her mouth to suck but it doesn't satisfy her (too small I think), she has much better control of her hands and sucks on them to soothe herself (gave one hand a hickey the other day), and she laughs at things that I say to her. She is laughing all the time now, I love knowing that she is a happy baby...all is right in my world as long as that girl is smiling :) On a not so good note, Charls is loosing her hair up front! Much like a receeding hairline. She's still adorable but it's quite noticable now. I am pretty sure it is coming back blonde under there.

As for sleeping patterns, here is her sleep schedule as of now:bottle at 8:00, lay her down at 9 or 9:30 (swaddled of course), she wakes at about 4:30 or 5 (at times even 6!) to eat, and then goes back to sleep until 8 or 9. Such a good little newborn :) I'm thankful for her.

Charleigh is also wearing size one diapers now, not because newborns don't fit, but because I ran out of Newborn diapers...haha, instead of buying a whole nother pack...we'll just go with what we've got! She's growing so fast these days that I know they won't be too big for long :)

Oh, for the first time, I fed her in public! Don't worry, I was quite covered (I'm pretty modest). But, I was visiting with my family and refused to spend the last 30 minutes I had with them in the bathroom! So, I slouched in the back corner booth of tropical smoothie and used my hooter hider! Mission accomplished, my mom was proud.

This week Charleigh and I traveled up to Bama to visit with my family. Mainly because two big events where happening...her cousin Camden was being born and my Grannie, who is 76, was being baptized after accepting Jesus as her savior just a few weeks earlier :) So we had to get ready for our big trip, which means, BATH TIME! I have to cutest video of her taking a bath but I didn't want her to hate me when she gets older because I posted her lady parts online for the whole world to see...so, we just have pictures for now :)

Look at her posing.



And she can find a camera ANYWHERE...she loves them.

I just love this picture because I never want to forget how little and sweet she is, and I adore when she looks up at me with those big blue eyes :)

So, once we made it to Bama we went straight to the hospital where Lindsay and Camden where...yes, Camden is a little girl, apparently in our family we are all about the boy names on girls ;)


Granny with her two newest Grandbabies!
Charleigh and Camden

Charleigh loves my family. Here is picture of her playing with Aunt Jessica...I mean cracking up!
And Aunt Brandy LOVES to hold Charleigh the most!

Saturday morning me, Granny, and Sharry (and Charleigh of course), got up early and went to Santuck, which is a craft festival type thing they have once a month. We stopped at just about every booth and got some good stuff, well, i just spent money on food mostly :) Charleigh was such a good girl, her only mishap was when Sharry was holding her and she explosive pooped all over her (and the display we were standing next too...but we quickly walked away, sorry lady). Other than that, the day went smoothly.


Probably the sweetest part of the weekend was Sunday night when my Grannie got baptized! She is 76 and has been a practicing Mormon for 46 years...Right before my pastor put her under she proclaimed from the baptismal..."I found the WAY". She was so cute. She just accepted Jesus as her Savior a couple weeks ago. Pray for her discipleship and growth!
The worst part of this weekend was missing Daddy so much :( We couldn't wait to get home to him.

1 comment:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi, she is so dainty and has the cutest little features. I am seriously in love!!! The story of Sharry holding her during the explosive poo made me laugh, I can just see Sharry's face!! I hope she gets it all out of her system before I get there to hold her...haha!
PS-I will bring home some baskets and jewelry from my women just for you! I can't wait to see you and love on you and Charleigh girl!!