layout

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Keep Rollin'! (week 9)

So, I feel the need to re-state the way my blog is working these days. You see, I am sooo behind at life right now. So, even though the date I post this will say one thing, it really happened WEEKS ago. Just when I think I will finally be caught up...two weeks pass and I'm behind again :( So, I am hoping to hammer out a few blogs this week and be caught up and then we'll move to monthly updates instead...unless I feel like updating more than that, but we'll make that the rule anyway. Yay!

Alright, week 9 of Charleigh's little life was full of excitment. First off, we celebrated Veteran's Day. Our family is so thankful for the selfless people in this country who serve in the military for us. I know it is something I could never do and would be incredibly HARD to let my children do it as well. So brave...
So, some new things going on at our household...Charleigh LOVES to kick her Daddy's face when he has his beard a little grown out, she just smiles every time she does it. So, he, of course, let's her do it over and over again :) Also, I'm starting P90X this week...pray for me. I know that I can dedicate myself to doing it, but I just don't know if I can find an whole HOUR in my day to devote to it...everyday. Well see, I guess some working out is better than none at all right?

Speaking of working out, I was doing the ab workout the other day so I laid Charleigh on her Tummy time mat right beside me. As I was staring up at the screen doing my crunches, I noticed Charleigh out of the corner of my eye...she was on her BACK...she rolled over! I couldn't believe it, so I stopped the video and but her on her tummy again and grabbed the video camera. Sure, enough, she did it again! I was so excited I called Justin and promised to send him the video. One problem...in my excitement I guess I didn't hit record! All I have on video is the very last part where she is laying on her back screaming...crud! It will be my goal to get it on tape.

We had quite a few vistors this week, as usual. Every Monday night when I go out to lead my high school girls' ministry. Charleigh and Justin have Daddy/Daughter Date night. Well, it wasn't long before Big Mama got in on this action, Justin just feels better when she's there :) So, here she is with Char...check out Prissy trying to get in on the action (which she ALWAYS does) and then check out the look Charleigh is giving her! haha!
Then Granmama and Paw Paw stopped by to visit too! Charleigh just loves them. Granmama was playing pat-a-cake with her and she was cracking up.
And Paw Paw almost never got back up with he decided to do tummy time with her...
Aww, such a sweet picture.
Then my baby Tia came by to visit on her weekend home from college. It was so good to see her and hear all of her adventures and revelations you get when you first step out into the real world. I hope one day she can mentor Charleigh to be a great Godly little girl like her :) P.S. Charleigh thought she was pretty funny too.
Here is one of the latest crafts I've been doing a lot of, appliquéd hoodies. This one was for my other sweetie Weston who went off to college and joined the Kappa Delta sorority. It's damask fabric with hot pink thread, way cuter in person!
Oh and, I totally "blinged" Charleigh's bottle. I know the picture is upside down, but Daddy didn't know that when he was showing me the bottle. Oh well. I also decided to start making tutu's! They are so darn cute. Here is an Auburn one I made for Charleigh to wear during the Auburn/Alabama game in a couple weeks.
And I made this little purple and pink pettiskirt for little Vivian for her one year old birthday! It took FOREVER and was very tedious but, sooo cute. I can't wait to get pictures of her wearing it!Saturday night we went to the "baby's club". Which is just a group of new parents who all decided to get together and force our children to like each other. Right now, Charleigh is the only girl, but we are hoping Jeremy and Whitney will be joining our club when there little princess gets here! But for now, here's Charleigh with all her MEN:So, other developments on the Charleigh front...she laughs SO much now. I know that if she is content and I talk to her in a high pitched voice, or smile at her...that I am guaranteed a smile back these days. I so love that.
She is also doing so well on the sleeping. She slept until 6:30 thursday night, with not so much as a peep throughout the night :) Woo Hoo! Then Sunday night, she slept until 7:00! Just keeps getting better :) Okay, and another thing she started doing, which may be totally inappropriate to talk about, is, pooting. I mean, she has been pooting since she was born, but it always came with she actually pooed. Now, she just poots with no poo. I am not sure if that is a milestone or anything, but, it's different!

It takes some serious planning for us to get out and about these days, but we still do! Our favorite place to visit is the fabric store. This week we went with Whitney to help her pick out fabrics for her little baby's nursery. Oh and, I got a few things for myself as well...
I think that is it for this week's update. If I get a few more minutes today I'll post what I have for week 10 too!

2 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

ok, so Im coming in just a couple weeks, so until then, tell her to STOP growing up! I want to hear her laugh! can I please just babysit her for like the whole week of christmas so she knows her aunt Jill REALLY well and never forgets me when I head back to the wrechid cold north.

oo, and I love her bottle, she is so FAB! and im livin the cute tutu skirt. I bet Viv was so cute. Im glad you are making tutu's now since Im obsessed with them. if only I lived in the room down the hall, like the good ol days. wait, make that in the SAME room. =) we could have craft playdates!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi, she is just so precious! I love the first photo of her! She has the most beautiful big blue eyes! What a doll. I can't wait to come home and give her lots of kisses!
Keep the updates coming! I love seeing new photos of our Charleigh girl!

Love you!