layout

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brrrr....(week 6)

Well, it officially got cold this weekend, BOO! I am a warm weather kind of girl, but I will say that all these hormones are making me more hot natured and I actually don't mind the cool snap we're having :) The weather getting colder is not helping motivate me to lose the rest of my baby weight. If I am just going to have to cover up all of my hard work with big sweaters, I might as well wait until summer to work out right?!? haha. Nah, P90X is about to be my best friend :(


Well, this weekend we went up to Camden, Alabama with Ben and Ashley Nelson and their little cutey, Emorie, to "enjoy" the wilderness...AKA: our husbands really wanted to hunt so they coaxed us into coming along with the babies so they didn't feel so guilty about leaving us at home ;) But we won't let them know we are in on their strategy. It was fun to sit and talk to someone else who had a child the same age...get tips and pointers from each other. Ashley and I laid a guilt trip on the boys everyday for fun :) We're evil, we know.
Onto other news this week, Charleigh broke the 8lb mark...woo hoo! She's getting a tiny bit of rolls here and there. But, she is so long that it all kind of spreads out.
Here she is doing some Tummy Time...I believe we will have a crawler sooner rather than later, Oh boy...

And lastly, at 6 weeks old we decided to try Charleigh in her crib at night, all alone in her very own room without us...I felt so sad about this. I loved having her so close to me in her little Bassinet but as a mother, my success is determined by the fact that I raise my children to be independent of me. I hate that though, I want her to NEED me. But, I know she will be better off if she can survive on her own. Plus I figured it would be less tramatic to her if she got used to sleeping in her own room and bed while she is still young and doesn't know any better...it would be SO hard to put a 1 year old in her room and here her cry and call my name...it just wouldn't EVER happen at that point...
Turns out, she did great! We have the sound monitor, the video monitor AND the breathing monitor all hooked up in there so you would think I would just relax and get some sleep. But, I was just so frazzled that first night without her. I just stared at the video monitor all night long and kept going in there to check on her. But each night since then has gotten soooo much easier. She loves her crib and I LOVE that little girl! Plus I don't have to worry about the noise Justin and I make disturbing her any more :)
Well, that is all for now, Halloween is in next week's update so that will be a FUN one!

2 comments:

Big Mama said...

She's motivated to crawl because I told her I lived down the street. She figures that's the only way she'll get there!

And I'm not touching the noise you and Justin make. But I'm for it if it means more grandbabies.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Does it get any cuter than this?!? She is adorable Christi, and she has so many friends already with your new little niece and Ashley's little cutie!! Can't wait to love on her in just one more month!!!
Oh, and I am with Big Mama on this, I am not touching the noises you and Justin make!! haha!