layout

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trick or Treat! (7 weeks)

Happy Halloween!

Charleigh had fun these last few weeks dressing up in her Halloween themed apparel...well, mommy had fun...
This week started out with our Chosen (Olive Baptist Girls' Ministry) Halloween Costume Party. I love those girls, they were all so cute in their thoughtful little costumes.
We had a blast just eating and dancing and of course...giving away PRIZES! The Prissy Pink Polka Dot donated a snazzy purple sweatshirt with our Greek Letters (Apha Omega) appliquéd on it in zebra print with lime green outline, and an adorable little embroidered polka dot Chosen travel mug! I forgot to take pictures...boo.Well, before I get on to the good stuff...AKA: Halloween, I must give you an update on our family, especially our cute little kumquat. Charleigh weighed 9 lbs 4 oz this week...yay, she's finally packing on the pounds! And I'll tell you why: GROWTH SPURT...you ask how I know? She is little Miss Piggy these days. She used to go three hours between feedings with no problem but now, she is rooting and crying by 2! So, I just feed her and, well, she grows!

Also, I had my 6 week doctor's appointment on Thursday and he said everything looks great. He released me to do all physical activity...so here comes the workout which I must admit is SO hard to get motivated over :( But, at least I won't have to see my OB again until my check up in ONE YEAR. That is so weird to think about after getting used to seeing a doctor for pretty much every other week during my pregnancy. A welcome change. Although, I will say that my husband has other plans...he came to me the other day with the "best" idea (he proclaimed it as the best idea, not me). "Baby, do you realize that if we got pregnant again right now, our kids would be in the same grade?!? Let's do it!" Don't worry, after I picked myself off the floor from laughing hysterically, I smacked him :) But I know that secretly, the boy is serious!

For now, I'll just enjoy the sweet angel I have already. Here she is loving her striped wall. She used to scream and cry when we would change her and now, she wants to lay on her changing table all day. She cracks up! This video was taken after she was already laughing pretty good, so you are just getting the tail end of our changing table time:


Also, this week, Dan and Brandi Findley came to meet baby Charleigh...they had sweet little twin boys...that's also on Justin's list of things to do.
Anyway, on to the fun Halloween pictures!
We went to the Olive Baptist Fall Festival early in the day and got to see lots of friends! Here is a pic of Charleigh and her friend Lyla, just a few month apart but it was fun to see that while Charleigh still just lays there, Lyla was crawling and picking things up! Charleigh will be there in no time :)

Our mad pumkin carving skills...mine is the little traditional one, Justin's in the elaborate BOO ghost, and Charleigh's is the Ms. PotatoHead pumkin (she can't handle sharp objects yet). Thanks Big Mama for the PotatoHead kit :)
Which one is Charleigh?
She looks scared right!?

Kurt, Toby (hippies), and sweet little Cooper (mouse, not bear) came to trick or treat at our house! He is so stinkin' cute I tell ya.


You know how I am with themes...Since Charleigh was a quite adorable little sunflower, the rest of the family had to dress around her. Justin and I were gardeners (he was not included in the pictures because he kept taking off his hat and gloves and just looked like a slob instead..haha, instead he was taking the picture), and Prissy was a Bumble Bee (I figured that bumble bees LOVE flowers so, it fit)

She apparently felt that her costume was comfy as she napped most of the time.


What a cutie!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Halloween is such a fun time! And oh my yes, Charleigh will be crawling before you know it! I mean, I honestly can't believe how fast time goes by and how fast those little boogers change!
Oh, and Justin definitely cracks me up! Ha! You better get right on that having another kid thing so they can be in the same grade! =) I mean, it wasn't hard to pop her out, right? MEN!!!