layout

Monday, November 28, 2005

I love to eat turkey, it is good!

And I LOVE long weekends. I just hate to keep all the excitement for myself so I will feel free to recap! Okay so Thursday was Thanksgiving (in case you weren’t aware), and we spent the morning being thankful for nothing…….i mean literally we were thankful for the nothingness we had going on that morning. We slept in, relaxed and then headed over to Mom Wow’s house. Justin and James immediately hopped in the car and went to get manly things like gas and lighters for the grills so we could cook the turkey. Meanwhile, poor Ms. Joy cooked while Jo and I made Sada (Rottweiler) a doggy webpage just like her cousin Prissy! After that was done we headed off to the store to get womanly things like DESSERT! We made Oreo pie, Justin’s favorite! The whole dinner was spent reminiscing on Justin’s backyard fights and Joanna’s multiple runaway attempts (when she was like 7) which were made up of her threatening to run away, her mom helping her pack, and then sitting down to eat dinner before she left……..then her returning 15 minutes later. It was a tear jerker………haha! After our joyous dinner Jus and I headed back to our house to nap off our stuffed bellies. Then Ms. Joy, Jo, James and Sada came over to finish up the day by watching a movie at our house.

Friday Justin went to work while I had the day off! Yay! Prissy and I spent the day running errands and packing for our trip to Bama that night. Justin ended up getting off early and we headed north. We finally made it around 5ish. We relaxed awhile then Brandy and Jeff brought the kids over, Tyler, Cole, Cory, and Tatum. Tyler had extreme chapped lips, Cole had a new haircut (Ricky Martin style) which is too cute for words, Cory had a broken foot from jumping off the high chair (after being instructed to do so by his dad), and Tatum……….that kid is just adorable! Brandy your family is a mess! Hahaha! Then Josh, Sharry, Jus and I went bowling to wrap up the night. I think we all need to patent our pre-bowl dance moves. Josh = “The Wiggle”, Sharry = “the Hop” (AKA: the roger rabbit), Justin = “the Rolly Polly” (AKA: the Worm), and Me………I just imitate all the rest of em! Haha. I especially think I am good at imitating Josh! Anyway, we tucked it in for the night and slept in the next morning. Then we got ourselves together and headed to the store to get the coveted “easy” Thanksgiving recipes. It just so happens that everyone in our family is required to bring a dish to Thanksgiving Dinner. Some are assigned their respective casseroles, some delicious desserts, and there is always that one person, the one who they think can’t cook, that is assigned drinks and rolls. Yeah, you guessed it, it’s me! Mom says it’s cause I had to travel and she didn’t think the casserole would make it……..I’ll buy that one. So anyway, Jus and I headed to the store to get our drinks and rolls. We came back and people started arriving….yay! But I had a big surprise in store for Justin….hahahahahaha!

During dinner I called a few of my family members upstairs…….it was a huge task to get all of them in one room without Justin noticing. We all put on our homemade “FREE JUSTIN” shirts and one by one filed into the room he was casually watching TV in. At first he had this shocked look on his face and then he cracked the biggest smile. It was an embarrassed/impressed type smile. And just when we thought we couldn’t laugh any harder, Prissy twiddles by in her very own “FREE JUSTIN” shirt! And the laughter erupts again! You know I got pictures! Then it was time to hop back in the car and head back to Pcola. It was so much fun though, can’t wait till Christmas.

Sunday morning came realllll early so we did the lesson thing and learned a new word from Dr. Leo Day – “yawp” – to utter a loud noise…….which we did during worship, I’m a fan of the YAWP! Then it was Chili’s with Matt, Kristen, Toby, Kurt, me, Jus, and AUDGE!!! It was sooo good to see her. But then she had to go back to Tally…=(
Then it was time for the ritual Sunday afternoon nap. And guess who got motivated and cooked Poppy Seed chicken casserole??? Yeah, and I must say it hit the spot! I did a really good job, who knows maybe deep down I’m a Martha Stewart in hiding?? Nah! Then we cuddled up in our warm bed and snoozed (well tried to, the thunder was REAL loud)……and now…….it is today! Have a great one! I’m getting really excited about Christmas! And getting everyone presents, I just want everyone to like what we get them so badly…….so guys, give me some ideas!

No comments: