layout

Monday, November 07, 2005

Things that make you go......hmmmmm

Good news for all, Prissy is finally recovering from her spaying! Yay! My little pogo stick kept hurting her incision everytime anyone came over. The night of the spa I am surprised her insides didn’t come out! Haha. Speaking of the spa, it was great. Ash did a fantastic job at her first little presentation and even got a few sales! I got the coveted “neck-wrap” and my curtains were firmly in place by the time the guests arrived. Overall it was a good night. Afterwards Jus and I went to Charlie and Rachel’s to visit for a little while, seems like I hardly get to see them anymore. We’ll have to plan a dinner date this week sometime. So that wrapped up our Thursday night.

Friday we met up with Crystal and Gabe, who seem to have been MIA while building their new house. We ate some dinner and played pool and darts until we were all about the pass out from exhaustion. They have the cutest little girl, Alyssa. I just love babies soo much, and the fondness is only growing. Don’t worry Ash, I’m not having a baby!!! Haha! Not just now anyway.

Saturday morning Justin woke up at “God knows when” and went hunting with Ben, then rushed home and changed to go to the “Relay for Life walk-a-thon”. So while he was gone what else could I do…….i shopped. Met up with ash, we hit the usual hot spots, Target, the mall, BagelHeads and then I went home to see my long lost hubby. We were supposed to go over to Ben and Sam’s, also where little Hayes lives, but those plans got cancelled. So instead Matt and Kristen came over and we had a double date couch potato night!! I really can’t wait for their wedding, Kristen is about to explode! Haha.

Then it was Sunday (already!). The lesson this Sunday went so well. It was the encouragement that I have been needing. I realize that you have to go the extra mile with these kids, no lazy days. You have to keep them involved, entertained, and quiet. And it is hard frustrating work, but when you have one good productive Sunday, it’s all worth it! We talked about the crucifixion. I wanted them to picture it how it was, not how we are so used to hearing it. I wanted so hard for them to think about all the little things the bible mentioned on that day. And I really think they did. I had them write a phrase or two that describes how they felt when Jesus died for them. I got so emotional when I read them. These 10th graders wrote things like: “no one loves me this much, no one”, “why would someone do this for me”, “unfailing love, I have never experienced”, “Jesus gave up himself for me, I will do that for him”…………….I just loved hearing praises for their savior come out of the mouths that I usually only hear praises for their boyfriend/girlfriend at the time. It’s so hard to keep focus for me, I know it’s even harder for them. But I am so thankful that for this moment on Sunday morning they were focused! The lights stayed off the whole time and we listened to music about the crucifixion. I saw some of them wipe their eyes, and of course it broke my heart, in a good way! I had them write letters to Jesus, as I wrote my own. I know the spirit moved me in that room and I pray so hard that it moved even one of them. So that is a huge answered prayer from the disheartened Sunday school teacher of last week! PTL!

Last night I was watching “My Fair Brady” (haha) and Justin walks in and laughs at me histerically because I am balling like a baby…….he proposed and they wrote each other poems, and I am sorry, but I can’t take all that. I think I am the biggest baby! I don’t know why I just wrote that but I was suddenly picturing Justin walking around the corner and falling to his knees in laughter…….oh but he thought he was really funny when he came to sit beside me (I am all into the show, crying still of course) and I look over and notice his shirt and face are soaking wet, and he is making a crying face……….that dork sprayed the himself with the sprayer on the kitchen sink……..again making fun of me. I did laugh, a lot! He makes me laugh, especially when we make fun of each other…..well most the time anyway! I remember telling my best friend in high school that I wanted to marry a man who could make me laugh and could sing……….I think I got a pretty good deal!

Tonight MNSC and watching LC kick Jason to the curb (she better!)

No comments: