layout

Friday, January 27, 2006

And the Odyssey begins!

Well, today starts Odyssey weekend with my 9th grade girls. I’m really excited, I just love them so much. They are just at that stage where they are cool but they still want to be extremely goofy. In a couple years they will all be too mature to dance crazy and make faces in pictures……you know, all the fun stuff you miss when you grow up. I am ready to enjoy them just how they are now, with all their love triangle drama and all!
Last night we had the “get-to-know-you” banquet where everyone found out which houses they get to go to and we met the leaders of each group. Our leader is the cutest girl from Hot-lanta (for all you under-rapped children that is slang for Atlanta……you know who you are!) Anyway, she is seriously the sweetest girl ever, which is not gonna cut it with these rugrats………they will devour the weak, hahaha. A good commanding “shut up!” always quiets them for me but I don’t think she has that in her. Haha. Some people are just too sweet! No really, she is great and I got to talk with her a bit, she really loves some Jesus which makes her perfect in my book! We are gonna have the best time. Last night we had so much fun, we are already planning hot tub runs and what not! I’ll definitely post all about our weekend on Monday, if I’m not drop dead tired by then!

No comments: