layout

Monday, January 23, 2006

Who knew that eggs expired?

Well, let’s see, what has been going down in the life and times of the tyners’??? Friday night was quite boring (you say boring, I say relaxing). Justin’s company is doing their yearly inventory which translates to “my husband is at work every minute that he is awake and the only time I get to see him is when he is snoring”. Not so great, but I appreciate so much how hard of a worker he is! I will never be fearful of going unsupported. That is a blessing I take for granted a lot. Anyway, he had to go in on Saturday morning too! I know he is sooo tired! Plus Kurt and Toby just got into their new house (sooo much closer to us now, yay!) so part of the weekend was spent helping them with that. Now they have all their belongings in one residence. Whew! Well, while Justin was at work Saturday morning I decided to see how domesticated I really could be. I went to Mom Wow’s house and sewed the morning hours away. She taught me how to sew a hidden seam, but I am MUCH better at the good ‘ol topstitch. All my memories of high school Home Ec came flooding back, I felt like baking a 7 layer cake after that! Hahaha. Jo was in town so I got to see her for a while too, before she had to go to her Bridal Gala that is. Then Rachel and I went to Ruby Tuesday’s for dinner where we both ate 1/3 of our meals…………restaurants serve in such big portions now. I mean, can normal people really eat all that food. They don’t have one thing on the menu that isn’t 10 lbs. of grittles……..and I feel so bad leaving half my food on the plate, but Justin assures me that it is better than getting a To-Go box everytime and letting it rot in our fridge. I guess he has a point. Anyway, then we rented a movie at Blockbuster and took it home to watch it with my cozy little hubby. Tori came over too! That movie was really funny. I like movies with weird kids in them, kids are so quarky, they make me laugh, while Tori develops crushes on all the misfits…….she’s weird like that. After it was over you would think that we would call it a night, and on any other night we would have but that night, MISS AMERICA was on!! Miss Alabama made it to the top 3 as usual (represent!) and Miss Oklahoma won, although I think Tori and Justin are planning to boycott, they really liked Miss Georgia. Afterwards Tori tried to convince me that I should try out for Miss America but I had some hang ups on my talent…….juggling, nah………..booty dancing, maybe, oh no…………then we decided Ms. Joy could teach me one really hard song on the piano and I’d do that…….seems sophisticated enough huh? Anyway, well I was definitely opposed to the idea until I realized that they pay her to travel and go do fun things for a whole year! Freakin right! Where do I sign up? Hahah, probably not gonna happen!

Sunday was a good lesson in Sunday school. My heathens from last Sunday felt convicted for their disrespect (these are the hummers, remember) and they were on their best behavior…….volunteering to read and pray……..haha, I like this guilt thing. Anyway, we talked about the Second Coming of Christ. There are a lot of things we as Christians don’t educate ourselves on and one day will be led astray (unknowingly) because of it. For instance, in the bible it says clearly (more than once) that when Jesus returns it will be seen by all people at the same instant…………soooo, if someone comes to you and says, “hey the Messiah is in Isreal, Jesus has returned!” A christian should know right off that this “person” is NOT the messiah. He says, he has already come in human form, this time, he will be in all his glory, and people in Africa will see him while people in Australia, and America are gazing at him too! When he comes we will ALL know, no one will have to tell you! These little facts are the reason the Bible is such a blueprint for our lives. He tells us what is going to happen! Wow! Okay so, I’m stepping down from my podium now. Okay so where was I? oh, after church Jo, James, Toby, Kurt, Dallas (Ice Pilots player originally from Wisconsin), Justin, and myself ate over at Ms. Joy’s house. Where we introduced Dallas to fried Okra, I’m not sure he liked it so much, next Sunday we’re takin him to Cock of the Walk for some Hush Puppies (he’s scared!) haha. Dallas also informed us that we don’t talk slow enough to be southern! Haha, we have the accent but too much speed. After lunch guess what me and Justin did??……….no silly, we took a nap! Hahaha, and I rushedly woke up in time for the Odyssey host home meeting. Which means that Justin and I are letting a bunch of 9th grade girls (whom we love with all our very hearts) stay at our house all weekend while we feed and entertain them in any way possible! Fun! Sad news is that Dennis will not allow any rolling or prank-type trips………..there goes my whole “entertainment” plan! Crap! After the meeting I went home to cook some dinner. Just requested breakfast foods so I whipped up some good stuff, well all except for the eggs. While I was cooking I assured Justin that the eggs were not bad, oh no, I just knew those eggs were just as good as any other eggs. That is until Justin took the first bite and ran to the garbage can………we soon found that they expired last month sometime……oops. But none-the-less, we enjoyed our egg-less breakfast.

Well, tonight is workouts and MNSC (is it my night?? who knows). But Justin won’t be able to make it, he is taking his “little brother” Joey to do something fun. Later tonight, and all the rest of the week, I’ll be spending my nights cleaning for the munchkins to come over, except for Tuesday cause that is bowling (and Prissy’s birthday!), and Wednesday cause that is church, and Friday the rugrats will be there! Thursday beware……..here come me and they dust-buster!


Oh yeah, and my 11th neice/nephew will be making his debut today! It's a boy we already know. Congrats KC and Stephanie (and Megan and Chase) We'll be home to see him soon!

No comments: