layout

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Can I be a Bond girl now? - updated!

2/3/2006
Last night was my first lesson on the stick shift. Justin said I did suprisingly well. I can get going and get all they way up to third gear and back down. My only fear are hills and sudden stops.......I have to think too much at this point. I won't be able to drive on the busy road until it becomes second nature........which I hope I can accomplish over the weekend! haha, yeah right. I'd rather be safe than sorry though.
Tori came to my practice session to see the new car and i showed off what i learned for the night, she said i did really well too. After our lap was over Justin made me stop on account that I was "hot dogging"........come on, how much "hot dogging" can you do in the back of the church parking lot??? He's crazy. I think he's afraid I'm going to kill myself. haha.
2/2/2006
Ok so I HAVE to write more about my new car. For those of you who are completely over it, I’m sorry, I’m just so excited. I had to go to church last night with all my little kiddies without my new car…….it was somewhere in Destin having the time of it’s life with Justin and Kurt. Jus said that at stoplights people were asking him “Where did you get that car? What kind is it??.......yadda yadda” and he said he answered everytime “It’s my wife’s!” YAYYY. It’s really exciting to go from the girl who wanted to run and get in her car as fast as she could so that everyone around didn’t know it was me driving the gimpy car with the duct taped mirror (thanks Nancy W.). And now I get a car that I want people to see. I’m so proud of it. And I am even more proud of my husband. He is absolutely amazing. Not because he let me have this car with “our” money but because he bought me this car with “his” money. Money that he had before we were married. Money he set aside and gave up just to see me smile like I did at that gas station…heck like I’m smiling right now. That means more to me than the car (and seeing as how I love that car emensely……that’s a lot!) I love him. Thank you Jus! You’re my favorite. He is such a sacrificing husband and I’ll never be able to top his generousity, but I’m gonna spend my life trying!

After Jus got back from Destin he called me to come outside and I hopped in to take a ride around. We played with all the gadgets and buttons, then we pulled over at Winn-Dixie so he could teach me how to put the top down, and we rode around some more! I can’t wait till I get to drive it. Justin says he won’t be critical of me when I am learning, so I will allow him to be my teacher, but when he goes out of town next week, Tori is my backup. (If he thinks I’m gonna let that thing sit in the driveway while he’s gone, he better think again…..hahahah) If anyone has any tips for me, speak now or get rear ended in traffic =)

P.S. I charged my camera so don’t worry, pictures will be posted tonight or tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's Tara's mom. I wanted to let you know we both learned a 5 speed. So if we can do it you can too! Mrs. Mary