layout

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

car for sale!

Okay so I have a major crisis. My company is cracking down on “unnecessary” internet usage and I, therefore, cannot surf the web to make my days pass quickly any longer. Really, who decides what is unnecessary and what is of absolute importance, because, in the case of my sanity………I see importance written all over this! Ahhhhhhh, anyway, so emails and lots of emails are welcome to help me pass the time. But the catch is……don’t send them to my gmail account, only my work email account.

Anyway, so what has been going on you ask? Well I can’t remember it all so I will recap what I can. So this last week (Sunday thru Thursday) Jus was gone to Virginia on a business trip. A trip that only the best of the best get invited to might I add, and my lil ‘ol Justin got an invite. He says it was brutal, they had to sit in these leadership classes from 7am to 7pm and then break only to have to get together with their assigned groups and work on a presentation until the wee hours every morning. It was insane and I only got to talk to him for short periods of time twice a day. It was no fun, I missed him a lot. But to ease my pain and help the time pass by, Tori came and spent the week with me. We thought we were gonna be sooo creative and productive and get ALL this wedding stuff done but……..nooooo, we just felt like being lazy so we did. Also, Mom Wow helped me practice my driving while Jus was away. I do a lot better with her than I do with Justin. Not that he isn’t a good teacher, I just get so nervous when he is with me. Anyway, I got a lot better and when Jus came home on Thursday he said he could tell! I’ll skip ahead to Friday, Justin’s little brother (from Big Brothers/Big Sisters) got to spend the night with us for the first time, you have to wait a certain number of months before he is allowed to stay the night and boy was he excited. His name is Joey and he is in 8th grade. He just adores Justin. Those two rascals stayed up and played PS2 and real live boxing until 5am………seriously, I was tired for them. Needless to say they both slept in and I got up and cleaned a bit. They both finally rolled out of bed and of course played a few more video games before Justin took Joey home. Justin’s cousin Wendy, her husband Bradley, and their little son William came to Pcola for the weekend from Hattiesburg. We met them for a friendly game of bowling, which Will just loves, well, that is until he proclaimed that he was quitting because the stupid thing kept buzzing at him………(it was the foul signal, he kept stepping over the line and it would buzz every time) hahaha. It was hilarious, he hated that thing. Justin let me drive to Avalon bowling alley……..my furthest attempt on a busy road. I did rather well I must say. Then we went to Ms. Joy’s house to sing Happy Bday to Wendy over the multi-colored cupcakes that Will made. After that is was time to go home. We just relaxed a while and soon it was time for dinner. Justin let me drive the car to Taco Bell by myself! Not that Taco Bell is more than 5 minutes from our house, but hey……it was the “by myself” part that counted. Sunday came so fast it seems, I love Sundays but for some reason it is forever known to me as “the day before I have to go back to work”, and that stinks. But they voted Leo Day in as our new minister of music. I am so glad, he is just the real deal and I love to worship with him. After church we went to Cock of the walk with Matt, Kristen, Toby, Kurt, Ms. Joy, Adam Elliot, Roger, and Pam. It was fun as usual but then Jus and I were off to my first downtown driving lesson. I drove all the way to my work and back. I will admit it was pretty rough at first…..it’s those Justin jitters that always get me. But the ride smoothed out toward the end and Justin agreed to let me drive by myself to work the next morning. Now don’t get me wrong he wasn’t thrilled about the idea, but he said I could honestly make the decision and he would let me do it if I felt like I was ready……..I really was ready. Then Charlie and Rachel stopped by to say Howdy. Rachel got to see my new car and Justin took her for a ride in it. We got to visit with them, and Prissy got to play with her paw paw pudge and Grandmama, who she missed sooo much. Charlie and Justin soon decided to let their testosterone get the best of them and put on the new boxing gear. I will say that Charlie gave Justin a run for his money, all he could do was sit on the couch with is gloves over his head and laugh histerically, but they were both about to pass out afterwards. So that brings us to this morning, I drove 45 minutes to work on the traffic-filled roads and didn’t so much as stutter…….yay, well I did accidentally put it in 2nd when trying to get to 4th one time, but I corrected that error quite quickly! But I got here, in one piece. I met Tori for lunch today and we drove around in it a bit. She just kept saying “you’re doing sooo good” haha, even when I was shifting pretty roughly………hahah, what a supportive friend. All I have is the drive home and I will basically be a pro! I think I am going to stop by Justin’s work and trade cars with him on the way home……..I need to seriously clean that Grand Am and since I have a little while before he gets home, I figured I’d do it then. Well, that is all I have to say for now………TA TA!

p.s. Seriously if anyone is interested in a great little Grand Am with on 35,000 miles on it, we’re looking to sell it $5500-$6000 obo.

No comments: