layout

Monday, February 20, 2006

Hair Do or Hair Don't?

My husband’s paranoia makes him mean. So, I go to get my hair done for the first time in FOREVER and I’m excited and nervous because I had an appointment with Maria, whom I do not know. Would Maria be some crazy little beauty school girl with blue highlights and teased bangs?? Who knew? Luckily, Maria turned out to be a cute Hispanic woman with marvelous auburn highlights in her brown hair…….I was happy about that. It’s scary letting someone do your hair who has bad hair themselves…….does that make sense?? Anyway, Maria was very good but a perfectionist to the 10th power. I sat in that chair for 3 hours! Which was no big deal except I only got a partial highlight, I’m gonna have to take off work for a full one! Things were compounded when my phone wouldn’t pick up in the salon. I went there straight from work and while sitting in that little chair realized that soon Justin would be calling and calling and calling and then inevitably freaking out because I wasn’t answering. Even though I specifically told him where I was going after work. But knowing him like I do, I was a bit worried the whole time. Sure enough three hours later when I finally walked out of the salon, I got the privilege of knowing that my paranoid husband had been calling the salon to check if I was still with Maria. The girls at the desk never told me he was calling they just kept coming to make sure I was still sitting there and would go back and tell him……haha, Justin now has new friends at the salon, what a goober. And whenever he gets scared that something is wrong with me…..he gets MEAN. Like it is my fault if I get kidnapped and thrown in the truck of my car…….he would still call me fussing, “Why haven’t you picked up the phone?!” What’s a girl supposed to do? Haha. He got over it quickly though, I’m glad he worries but we are gonna have to work on this paranoia = meanness thing. Anyway, I was tired and glad to finally get home.

The next day Justin and I were awakened to the sound of the doorbell…..it was Kurt. Apparently Justin had agreed to be at Kurt’s house at 7am to help him in his new yard. Well, the doorbell rang at 8 and we were still nestled in bed. Somehow, Justin with his charms convinced Kurt to stay at our house for a while and clean out our garage so I can now actually park in there. They also put up some elaborate shelving, it looks 110% better! I’m excited. Then it was Prissy’s turn to get a new hairdo. I took her to the groomer’s. Justin and I had decided that this time we would go short all over, to keep her from getting scraggly and to keep her hair out of her eyes……….now my doggie looks like a cancer patient. They cut her hair soooo short on top, and it is sooo silver up there that it looks like she is bald! Justin loves it…….and I think it will grow on me once it grows out a little bit……..we’ll see. After our trauma with the groomers Justin, Matt, Kristen, and I went over to Toby and Kurt’s where the boys grilled hamburgers for us all. It was reallllllll good.

Sunday morning was business as usual, our Sunday school attendance was back up so I was glad to see that. Worship was fabulous as usual. I just really appreciate Dr. Day. He is so good at what he does and so genuine. A lot of people are very cautious to get too attached to him because the great music ministers in Olive’s past have caused a few deep wounds to some. I can imagine how heartbreaking that would be, but it just goes to show you that even awesome, amazing, genuine men (and woman) falter sometimes. That doesn’t mean they don’t love Jesus just as much……..they struggle with their sins just the same as we struggle with ours, and while I might struggle with something seemingly small and their sins seem so large……..we have to remember that the way we measure sin doesn’t matter, God sees them all the same, all of them are disobedience to him, all of them hurt his heart equally, we are just as guilty as that adulterer or murderer……..I am just as guilty. So, I say, love on Leo for who he is, he has yet to disappoint you yet and granted, he may in the near future do something you can’t believe but, I still believe he loves my Jesus and I still believe he sings from his whole heart when he leads me in worship and for that I am thankful and will always be respectful of. (I know, freakish tangent I just went on….forgive me)

Sunday after church we all headed back over to Toby and Kurt’s new house where Toby cooked BBQ ribs (soooo good!) We were completely stuffed! So of course, Jus and I ran home to take our ritual nap and then did laundry like there was no tomorrow. After we cleaned a bit we headed over to Rachel and Charlie’s where she had prepared a pot roast to die for! Buddy finally gave Prissy the time of day. She is always so annoying to him, always getting right up on him and sniffing and barking and running circles around him, anything to get him to play with her. Well, last night he did……….have you ever heard the little kid’s song about Little bunny Fufu hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice and bopping them on the head……..well, let’s just say that Buddy was little bunny Fufu and Prissy was a field mouse. He bopped her right on the head, TWICE! Haha. And it didn’t even phase her. She’s invincible.

So, now we are at today. I’m on call this week, pray that I don’t have a lot of calls! Please please please.

1 comment:

taralohse said...

Hi Christi i totally know what you mean about the hairdresser thing. I can distictively remember in NC one time, when the lady that i normally go to had to cancel my appointment and they wanted to reschedule me with another girl and i remember hanging up the phone felling nervious, and i remember morgan saying "what's wrong" and i replied "i just dont know if this new girl is cute or not". So i definetly can relate. Miss you lots
tara