layout

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

12 weeks, 128.5 lbs (second trimester?)

We spent most of this week in Breckenridge, Colorado. I'll post SO much more about this tomorrow, once I upload all the pictures and have time to sit and reminisce. But for now, let's talk about Miracle!

So, everyone says something different when it comes to trimesters??? Some say that once you reach 12 weeks, you've started your second trimester but, then some say it isn't until week 13 or 14...so, who knows? So, I THINK I am in my second trimester! Woo Hoo!
This week I kept wishing I could feel Miracle move...I just worry that he is doing alright in there and a kick or punch every once in a while would do mommy some good. I know I have a long way to go before I start feeling her though :( I'm excited to go to the doctors this week. Thursday is the high risk doc and Friday is my regular OB. I'm not getting my hopes up on finding out the sex of the baby even though the high risk lady said we may be able to ...it just seems so early...but hey, if we do get lucky, I'm going to the Mom2Mom sale with Susie this weekend and I just MAY be able to buy REAL gender specific stuff! If not, I'll focus on maternity clothes! Either way, I'm happy.

So, any of you who have been pregnant out there surely know what I am talking about when I say I had the one hour Glucose test. Normal women don't have to do this until later on in their pregnancy and once they pass, they never have to do it again...but, we aren't normal now, are we? I had to do it early (because of the PCOS, insulin resistance thing) and well, they haven't told me if I've passed...no news is good news I guess? If I don't pass...heaven forbid...I will have to take the THREE HOUR test! yikes! Either way, I'll be taking this test at least one more time during my pregnancy just to make sure I don't develop diabetes. When we go back this week to the high risk doctor he is going to test the baby's nuchal translucency and ensure that the nasal passages have formed correctly...these are both tests for Downs Syndrome (and they are done by ultrasound). I worried a bit when he told me he was going to be looking at these things...why did he need to? Did he see something wrong with the baby? Does he think my baby has Downs? I'm trying not to worry since some other women who were high risk told me that they think he tests every baby for that...I'll just be glad when it comes back all clear...

Cravings so far: Ham and Cheese sandwiches with potato chips on them, white cheddar popcorn, and PLUMS.

Symptoms so far: I ran out of my nausea medicine this week, and BOY did I feel it. Once you're on the medicine for so long and start feeling better every day, you can't help but think to yourself, "Maybe the nausea is over for me?" HAHA, but right when you give the medicine time to get out of your system...you realize just how wrong you were! Don't worry people, I got that prescription refilled and should be back to normal shortly :) Another symptom: I know its too much information but...my worst symptom these days is GAS! Miracle is a BAD little boy...or girl. Justin says he will be sure to spank shim for this when he/she comes out! :) haha!

Oh and...I signed up for Twitter. Not that I really want it, but all the news shows are saying it's the next big thing. So, since I was the girl who held off for YEARS before getting a facebook or myspace, even a blog for goodness sake...I swore I wouldn't have any of them and look at me now. I always cave and for once I didn't want to be the last to jump on the bandwagon! So anyway, follow me (http://twitter.com/ChristiTyner) and let me know that you are on there so I can follow you TOO! I hope this doesn't turn out to be stupid???!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Ok, so here's some good news for you. I definately felt my baby (second pregnancy) at 12 weeks so there is some hope for you in feeling him or her soon! Good luck with the Dr appts. All your tests are definately normal. I'm a professional pregnant woman and I've had them all :) Bethany is having her baby today or tomorrow so pray everything goes easy for her and baby Haleigh! Babies are everywhere!!!

Heather said...

I know what you mean when you say you really just want to feel your little one inside you! I kept swearing that I did, but I don't think I really did until about 17 weeks...I think. Oh but don't worry, once they make themselves known they are always there and it's awesome! I might check out the Mom2Mom sale too! I heard to go on Friday because by Saturday everythings picked over!

Mrs. J Manny said...

yay second trimester! and just an FYI, didnt feel kennedy until week 18 and by 20 i felt her all the time, its crazy how quickly you go from nothing to back flips in your belly! so the gas, HA! love it! i used to toot all the time and justin thought it was gross at times and hilarious at other times. dont you just feel so beautiful and lady like with all that vomiting and gas??? also, i had an aversion to deli meat so thats odd you like ham! so weird the things we like and hate when pregger.

lastly, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE ON TWITTER! justin has had it for months and I finally got it a few days ago. we are so cool now...or are we losers because we think people care about what we are doing...hmmm. either way, i like that i can twitter from my phone while in a long line at target or bored sitting in traffic!

i love all the baby news and I love you! keep baking that bun

Unknown said...

Yeah for 2nd trimester!!! It was SO much better than the first for me...I had A LOT more energy!!

So happy for you :)

Oh...and I don't know if you knew, but 1st time moms can get into the mom2mom presale on Thursday night. You just need to go to their website and send an e-mail asking for a ticket. Hopefully it is not too late. I LOVE the mom2mom sale...look forward to it all year long :)! The dress on my latest post was a purchase last year...$4 for a brand new gymboree easter dress!! Can't beat that :)!

Have you picked a hospital yet? I could be a spokes-person for Baptist...we LOVED it. Might be a little far though :)

Audge said...

yes, I ate it with mustard! orrrrr. I lie.. he he.. I think it was a plant or something we found.. ha ha muuahahahah.
So, don't you worry your pretty little head about miracle! He's just fine. Jesus is knitting him together in your womb, and he will be a beautiful little boy.
I will teach him Japanese ;)
I love you and I can't wait to see you again.
Audge