layout

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

13 weeks, 129lbs

13 weeks down, one Brazilian more to go! Or so it feels like.

Symptoms so far: I was SO looking forward to second trimester and NO more vomiting but...it seems to have gotten worse. My magic little pill has lost it's luster and I'm gagging through the high dosage...wah. So I've started turning to natural cures, even though they didn't work for me in the beginning...combining them all together now, seems to be helping. I down saltines and ginger ale all day, preggie pops are pretty good, and mint stuff (which I hated before pregnancy) does they trick at times. Also, my sense of smell has heightened like never before. EVERYTHING is killing me. I almost cannot stand to be in my own house...it smells so BAD. Well, the kitchen (where the garbage can is) and the laundry room (where Prissy's pee pad is) smell horrible. The rest of the house just smells opposite of the way I want it to smell. I paid all this money to get these great new air fresheners from Bath and Body..the Wallflowers, and filled about 20 of them around my house with Vanilla Nutmeg (I believe that was the flavor)...they were delicious...until pregnancy hit and now, they make me want to throw up my toe nails. I have collected all of them (it took a few trips) and thrown them in the garage just to get them away from my nose. But now, my house still smells like them. I've tried to find other fragrances to cover it up but, I can still smell that stupid Nutmeg everywhere I turn. The only place in the house that I didn't have one of those air fresheners was in our bedroom...so, I like to spend my time in there.

Cravings so far: I haven't had cravings as much as aversions here lately.

Things I've learned: If my husband can love me through these mood swings and sick days, he can love me through anything. I get absolutely NOTHING done around the house anymore. I am by far the worst wife and housekeeper of all time right about now. I don't think I would be as understanding and loving as he if the tables were turned...but, I'm sure glad he is. After I snapped at him (several times I'm sure) last night, napped on the couch next to the piles of laundry I could be folding, and brought home Arby's instead of cooking the millions of groceries I just brought home the day before...he still rubbed my back to help me sleep...He is SUCH a better person than me...

Onto other news, we have found another mommy vehicle that we are interested in. One that suites our finances better than my previous interest. Our only goal before we go snatch it up is...we HAVE to sell the solstice! So, if anyone knows of someone out there looking for a seriously fun, awesome little convertible...with only 7200 miles on it...PLEASE contact me!

Oh and one other thing that has been plaguing me, maternity clothes! I can still wear all of my normal clothes but...some of my tighter pants are not comfortable to button. And I feel as if the BIG GAIN is about to start. So I want to stock up on the maternity clothes before the day comes when I waddle to my closet and realize that NOTHING fits! Plus I hear they are oh so comfortable :) So, for my first few pregnancies I had TONS of folks offer me their maternity clothes but, unfortunately, I never got to the point where I needed any of them...and now that we are working on a healthy happy pregnancy...no one has offered any clothes! A lot of my friends have become pregnant TOO since our two year period of trying, so our mutual friends have given their maternity clothes to them (did that make sense) so, anyway, calling all mommies...if you have lonely little fat clothes laying around that need a good home, send them my way. If not, do any of you have any tips on where to shop to find the cutest stuff!!??
I've also decided I need one of those maternity full body pillows. Just "C" shaped enough to go between the legs, under the belly, and under the head...maybe that would help with my back pain (don't worry, this isn't due to pregnancy, yet, just scoliosis for now). Not sure where to get one...hmmm.




6 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

hello little christi, loving the blogs. mostly i love checking and seeing that everything is going so well with Miracle! Its crazy reading all this, i remember it like it was yesterday. I had aversions more than cravings, and every smell, even good ones, made me sick. The biggest one was febreeze. Ug, I hated the way it smelt. Also, we got fred when I was 5 weeks, and so at about 8 weeks when my major nausea kicked in, we were still house training him and he was peeing everywhere. everytime I came home my house REEKED of dog pee. it was awful! but no worries, one day it will all be a vivid memory and you will have a beautiful baby!

so onto clothes. I have a ton, not too sure how I would get them to you, or if any of them would fit you really, because i am much larger than you. however, I always went to target and checked the sales. i got a ton of maternity clothes there once for like 40 bucks. each thing was like 4 bucks. insane. I also loved gap but you dont have that there. motherhood maternity always seemed too expensive, but you may catch some sales. oh, and JCPenney, with coupons, you can get some super cheap stuff.

now onto the pillow. they have them online, but they also sell them at babies r us. i think the closest is in mobile. they do carry some baby stuff at toys r us, im not too sure how much is at that one on brent lane but you can check. also go to Storkland, they have tons of stuff. so, this is an insanely long comment. its not so much a comment, but a sermonette on pregnancy. hope it helps tho =)

Unknown said...

My BFF is 10 weeks pregnant and I loaned her all my clothes :( So sorry! If I still had them, they would totally be yours!! I shopped a lot at NY and Company. I had never shopped there before pregnancy and one of my girlfriends told me they sell a lot of cute elastic pants. Soooo, that is were I frequented for pants and I stuck mostly to Target shirts. I was really into finding "non maternity” maternity clothes (some are SO lame). Motherhood maternity has some cute clothes…but I feel they are overpriced for what you get (the quality just seems bad). There is a MM outlet in Foley. If you want to splurge a little…Nordstrom’s has super cute maternity clothes on line!!

About the body pillow…they are ridiculously expensive (I want to say close to $100). I bought a long skinny pillow from SAMS (it is about the width of our king size bed). It is Nautica and really nice! I want to say I spent about 25 on it. I used it the entire pregnancy! It matches our comforter and I still have it on the end of our bed and use it sometimes. You’re so handy, you could make pillowcases for one like that.

Praying your sickness will pass soon!! :) Blessings! L

Miranda said...

Christi,
I would LOVE to loan you my maternity clothes, but I honestly still wear them. I would just recommend going to Kohl's or somewhere like that and getting like a size large in the junior's section of whatever you like. I did that because most of the styles are empire waisted or they naturally fit a pregnant body very well. We are so lucky to have been pregnant while these styles are popular. That way, after you have your sweet little baby you can still enjoy the clothes. It made me feel a lot less guilty about going on a shopping spree. Also, Old Navy has THE BEST maternity skirts and capris. A friend loaned me hers and they are VERY flattering and don't come all the way up to your ta-tas. :o)

Heather said...

Oh yeh, I definitely liked maternity clothes from Old Navy! They were reasonably priced too! I too found that Motherhood was really overpriced! I don't know why that is either, because their quality of clothes was not that great. I'm sorry you still feel sick, but I bet it will continually get better! Here's hoping anyway! Next week you find out the sex, is that right? How exciting!!!! =)

Big Mama said...

I have 2 tops for you that have been in a drawer at my house since this time last year. I also have one of those long pillows - not c shaped though. I bought one a year ago hoping to help my backache and they happened to be 2 for the price of 1 at Linens-n-Things. The second one has never been used. You're welcome to have it and see if it helps before you spend $$.

Audge said...

sweet pea.. all the way!

Love love,
Audge