layout

Friday, March 13, 2009

Fit Pitcher

Ultrasound was even more amazing than before. We are 12 weeks and 2 days but Baby Tyner was measuring 13 weeks and 1 day...woah, that's a big difference. I asked the doc what that meant and he replied with a chuckle, "We'll start praying for you now"...then he made reference to having a BIG baby...uh oh. We got our first abdominal ultrasound...way more comfortable than "the other kind". It was amazing that they could see that clearly through my stomach! weird to say the least. Anyway, Jus got a camera/video camera so the video quality is "hopefully" a little bit better. Miracle was officially awake the entire time of the ultrasound this time. We saw a whole 30 minutes or so of shim jumping and moving. Whenever I would talk, Miracle would do this jump/buck thing. It was pretty funny....I figure we are in for shim to pitch a few fits pretty early.


Here are some still shots of the baby too:

Sucking it's thumb...again!


They did the nuchal translucency test for Down Syndrome and it turns out...I was right. They do NOT do that test on everyone. The doc didn't tell us but, he was a bit worried about the measurement of Miracle's nuchal translucency at our last appointment. But this time, it was smaller, and the nasal bone was present so Baby Tyner has a low chance of having Downs. Thank goodness!

We had a different ultrasound technician this time and she REFUSED to even look at the baby's privates. She said it was too early, I don't blame her...if she told us wrong, she'd be known as "that technician" which I am sure comes with ridicule from her fellow technicians...But, the good news is that Dr. Maher said he was setting up an ultrasound in two weeks (we'll be 14 weeks then) specifically to tell the gender!! So in two weeks....we'll know. I think it's a good thing we don't know what it is as I head off to the Mom2Mom sale this weekend, maybe it will inhibit my spending to maternity clothes only.......ORRRRRR, I may just buy anything I see that is cute for a little boy or a little girl! Uh oh!

We're going to the regular OB today, don't expect anything more exciting than yesterday's appointment...but, I'll post any interesting pictures we get.

6 comments:

Big Mama said...

What a MIGHTY GOD we serve!

Susana M Kepner said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful!!! PTL!!!

Big Mama said...

That was NOT a fit. It was the hic-cups, thank you very much!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

SO cute!!! How exciting. I bet I know which tech told you she wouldn't look! She wouldn't tell us the gender at 17 weeks. It thought is was pretty obviously a girl, but she wouldn't say. UGH!

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

Nope Big Mama...it was a fit! It didn't look anything like the hiccups in person, we only got a small part on video. My next post is of the HICCUPS!

Big Mama said...

About that passport - I'm thinking Miracle is going to need Big Mama to stay pretty close by!