layout

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

11 weeks, 128.5 lbs

11 weeks and lots of excitement. Well, according to our ultrasound, I would have been 11 weeks on Sunday but, I’m sticking to my original calculations…they haven’t failed me yet. So, I think we are 11 weeks today ;) yay! Good news: now that I've stopped throwing up (thanks to my drugs) I've been gaining more weight!



In this week we have had lots of visitors. My sister, Brandy and her husband Jeff came down for a couple days with their 4 kids. We had tons of fun, and didn’t really DO much…kids can make a boring day at home interesting. So, after discussing and calculating with my youngest niece and nephew how long it would be until we reached September (and they can hold the baby), they truly understood the length of time when I told them, “Baby will be here before Christmas”, and they let me know that that wouldn’t be too long at all, whew…good to know :) While we were on the subject, I decided to ask them what they thought my baby was going to be, a boy or a girl. Well, I have three nephews and one niece so you can probably predict what the vote was…three voted for boy and one voted for girl…haha, they are so predictable. Well, they say the mother usually has an instinct about what her baby is going to be…but, I don’t think I do. SOO many people keep telling me…you are definitely having a girl. As a matter of fact, my 3 nephews and Audrey are the ONLY ones who have guessed “boy” so far. But honestly, I think people just assume that I'll have a girl because I myself am SO girly. I don't think it works that way though. It’s funny. I’m going to let my kids at school guess what they think I’m having…maybe give them some extra credit if they get it right?(I am predicting they will vote very similar to my young niece and nephews).

Justin’s buddy Randy also came to stay with us this weekend as well (we had a full house people). He cooked us duck…it was pretty good.

So, as for the pregnancy this week. All is well.

Symptoms so far: Zofran is my hero, nausea is no more as long as this drug is in my system. PTL, there have been no more migraines. I’ve gotten better at controlling my eating to make me feel better…tiny bits all the time. I am constantly snacking and learning to stop eating a delicious meal (even though I REALLY don't want to) exactly when I’m full (if I eat just a little too much, it wants to come back up). Fatigue had become a stranger for a few weeks there, but today, it’s back.

Cravings so far: Still have a thing for white cheddar popcorn. Cereal is appealing all times of the day, and I go through about 4 apples and oranges daily too.


On Thursday we leave for Breckinridge, Colorado for my first ever “non-ski” trip. My doc says definitely NO on me even trying the bunny slope. I probably wouldn’t have any way. So, I’ll be looking into, spas, shopping, and sleigh rides in our area. Anyone got any idea what I can do while everyone else is out tearing up the slopes? Jo already told me she would be my spa/shopping buddy for most of the time, and Jus promised to come home at lunch every day. So…let’s hope I’m not emotionally needy the rest of the time :) haha. We’ll get back on Monday, see the high risk doc on Thursday, and then my regular doc on Friday. I’ll keep you guys updated on the gender! I can’t wait to find out because my husband and I are going to need some SERIOUS time to decide on a name…we don’t seem to agree on ANY! I lean towards PREPPY and he leans towards COUNTRY. Oy!


Thank you all so much for your prayers, I know you are sustaining this pregnancy!

5 comments:

Big Mama said...

Math probability for your students - give them the stats - like how many girls have been born in the Tyner blood line in - what is it now - 85 or 90 years?? Check with Pawpaw, but I'm thinking there has only been 1 girl in almost a century. But she's a cutie!! I should know, I'm her mother!!

Unknown said...

One of my friends has told me that snow mobile tours are awesome (especially if you get a cute tour guide)!

Heather said...

Yep, we had that same exact problem with names...mostly boy names. I mean, come on, I know they like to hunt and fish but that does not mean I'm naming my child something like Buck! Good luck with the names!! =)

Audge said...

that's good you're eating that much fruit.
and uhhhh, who needs skiing when you got spas, shopping and sleigh rides!!
hOPE YOU HAVE FUN!!
It's sooooo gonna be a boy!! For sure!
Get your stomach back to normal by summer, cause we're going to chickfila and the beach every day! ;) I love you and miss you! ;)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Hey my love! I'm so glad you have that nausea defeated! I didn't know how many more posts about you throwing up in the sink, shower, etc. I could take...I just felt so bad for you (plus I have a strong gag reflex.) haha!
My vote is that you are having a little girl...but I can't wait to find out for certain soon enough! Also, what are the names you guys are thinking about? I love you and miss you so much already Christi!