layout

Thursday, July 09, 2009

29 weeks, 149 lbs.

Woah, check out that belly...this week I can officially say I am huge (but only I can say that). It even looks that way from above! haha! And it's only going to get bigger :) The good news, I think my big belly is starting to make my legs look skinnier! On the days they aren't swelling ;)

So this week we started our Childbirthing classes. Pretty fun times to say the least. Justin and I walked in carrying our three mandatory pillows and signed in on the registration sheet like everyone else. I can see Justin looking around scoping out the other couples. After a few minutes he leaned over to me and said,"I think we signed up too early for these classes." To which I assured him we did not and it was the doctor's recommendation. He then came out with his reason for thinking this, "All these other couples are way farther along than we are." I just answered with a, "Ya think?" and giggled to myself. You see, I had signed the check-in sheet and saw everyone's due dates...most of them were BEHIND us, or in the exact same week! This short, simple conversation confirmed something I had been thinking in my mind...my husband never has any pregnant women to "compare" me to...sometimes I think all the poor boy sees in his head is his ever-expanding wife whose waistline is growing uncontrollably! So, it's only natural that his mind's picture of me is fairly large. It wasn't until all the couples started introducing themselves that he heard all the due dates, and was surprised, I could tell. After class he said the most flattering thing to me he has said so far (I think it was so flattering because I watched his eyes come to the realization before his mouth did) he said, "You carry your baby the best, BY FAR!" As if to say, "You don't look so HUGE after all!" (haha) He kind of had a proud little grin on his face, like I made him proud (even though we both know I have NO control over where and how I carry our child). haha, I don't know why, but that made me feel beautiful. And I've felt that way ever since he said that :) Weird how these pregnant emotions work.

So, anyway, back to the class itself...the lady informed us that we would be there for 2 HOURS every Monday night and Justin almost peed his pants. He just mouthed the words, "What about dinner?" Poor guy had to come straight from work and we wouldn't get out of there until 8! I'll have to bring him some dinner before class starts from now on. Once we got into talking to the other couples, gawking at strange pictures the midwife tried to describe to us, and hitting up the snack machine, the class was pretty fun after that. I know Justin and I are bad students, we couldn't stop giggling during the relaxation exercises. It all started when she instructed everyone to make themselves comfortable on the floor with their pillows. So, Justin, being the good student that he is...laid those suckers out and plopped right down on top of them. I sat down beside him and he plopped his head over into my lap. I couldn't help but feel as if something was wrong here.... Okay, so I knew he was just playing and he did eventually let me lay down on the pillows. What was really funny is that he laid down right beside me and as she called out instructions like, "tense up your right arm and breathe deep" I could see his arm stiffen and his chest rise up real big...haha, I leaned over to him and said, "Jus, open your eyes, you're the only other "coach" doing the exercises." That's when the giggling started. It was hard to breathe deep and focus when every time we made eye contact we couldn't stop laughing at how crazy he is. He eventually rolled over and rubbed my arm as I relaxed but then the REAL ham of the family started acting up...Charleigh! She was about to jump out of my skin! And it's IMPOSSIBLE to relax when the little being inside you is on a caffeine high. And the giggling started again.....I even caught the dad from the couple next to us chuckle at how hard my stomach was bouncing...

Anyway, class was soon over and the teacher warned us that in the 4th week we would be watching "movies" so we wouldn't need to bring our pillows. As we headed out to the car I said something about watching the "birthing videos" and Justin, with much amazement, said, "We have to watch birthing videos". Then I just started belly-laughing this time, "Justin, what "movies" did you think she was talking about that whole time? Finding Nemo?" I can't wait to raise a child with this man. Never a boring day there will be!

Onto other things, Big Mama and I decided to spend all day Tuesday working on the roman shades for Charleigh's room and the Bumper for the crib bedding. Since the crib itself is STILL not here...long story...we started with the shades. Now, of course, I had a vision of exactly what I wanted and so we had to create our own ways how to make it, that took a while. As we are in JoAnn and Lowe's shopping for supplies to piece our masterpieces together, my right fingertips start going numb. I figured I must have been cutting off some circulation to them so I started shaking them, and moving them around. Unfortunately, the numbness started moving down my hand. Uh oh, the only other time this has happened was when my face went numb as well and I had that horrible migraine where I spent 5 hours in the ER puking my brains out... We decided that I HAD to get home to my migraine prescription (I used to carry it around with me but I haven't needed it in SO long that I put it in the medicine cabinet recently). The numbness went away in my hand and never made it to my face this time, but I started sweating, and my head started to hurt a little. By the time we were in the car headed home Big Mama was playing Chinese firetruck at stop lights trying to find things in the bag of the car for me to throw up in...it got bad quick. I ran inside, gobbled down my pill and collapsed on my bed. I couldn't go to sleep for a while because every spot on my head is now a pressure point and even the pillow touching your head feels like a knife. But, I think the medicine started to dull the pain because before I knew it I was waking up 2 hours later, feeling MUCH better. Poor Big Mama just sat in the living room and waited on me...apparently she had strict instructions from my husband to stay there and make sure I didn't die...haha.

After my "near death" experience, haha, we finally got started on the shades. We got some good work going and then I had to leave for our GMCGR bible study. So for 3 hours Justin's mom sat at my house and sewed...and just like a good little sweat shop worker, she was still sewing when I got home. Big Mama, Charleigh is VERY grateful for your hard work on her shades. They really did turn out PERFECT! Here is a picture of one of them, we hadn't gotten the other hung up yet but, there will be two just like this hanging side by side on the big picture window.

check out the cute little pleats at the bottom, and I added the bows for extra girliness!

3 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi--I am so with Justin. Yesterday I came across the blog of a girl I don't know, and I was shocked to see that she was so many weeks behind you! I guess because I get a week to week photo of your growing belly, I think the progression of said growing belly is the norm. Apparently not so. ha! You are SUCH a beautiful pregnant girl...Justin was right!!!
I also LOVED the story of your birthing class. I was laughing so hard. I can just picture Jus in my head relaxing and laying his head in YOUR lap instead of the other way around..he is such a goof!
We miss you guys a LOT and a date with the whole Tyner family (yea little Charleigh will be here!!) should definitely be in order once Rucs and I make it back home.
I love you and miss you tons Christi!!!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

You are still so tiny! I'm always so jealous of the women who look gorgeous all the way through their pregnancy and never swell up like the girl who ate the blueberry gum on Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. You're very lucky that Justin doesn't have to roll you around like that :) The curtains are so cute! I wish I knew how to operate a sewing machine! Can't wait to see it all put together! (ps- is your mom making letters for you? If not, I have the font that you monogrammed her name in, the curly cue)