layout

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

31 weeks, 151.5lbs (weight update)

For those of you who are anxious to see how much weight Fatty McFatterson has put on this week, I'll update tomorrow...I pride myself on taking accurate measurements at the same time in the morning, and I forgot today was the day to weigh...so, it will be pushed back till tomorrow.

On to other things...
Childbirthing classes are becoming more and more fun. Well, just watching and listening to the questions Justin asks is a hoot. He really is concerned about this. His job especially. He keeps saying, "are you going to remember all this? I'm trying but she goes too fast." He has the breathing techniques down pat for sure! And when they tell us to do the "Blow breathing" he holds his little finger in front of my face so that I can pretend I'm blowing out a candle...he may lose that finger in the delivery process...but for now, it's cute :) He is still a bit disturbed by the class topics last night. I thought he might fight with the midwife lady when she showed us the fetal probe (it's this little metal probe that they reach up and embed into your baby's scalp during delivery if they can't get a good reading on their external monitors...he flat out told that lady that he would choke her out if she tried to do that to Charleigh, as a matter of fact he announced that everyone in the room would be "choked out" if that happened...haha (he watches too much UFC). After he got all frazzled, she whipped out the forceps, the vaccuum extracter (which he swears is just a high tech plunger), the IV, the internal Uterine monitor, the cathiter, the local anesthesia kit, the enima bag...and much much more. As we drove home, he decided three things... #1 - He doesn't want to do this anymore, #2 - they put more things up in you than they take out during childbirth, and #3 - he's not going back next week (birthing videos!). hahahah. I love him, he makes class fun.


Things of concern: Charleigh doesn't kick nearly as much as she used to. She moves enough to let me know she is in there but, I've gone from feeling her every hour to feeling her every "few" hours. And most the time I only feel her because she has the stinkin' hiccups ALL the time. She seems to sleep a lot more. Doc says she's running out of room and can't move as freely. I understand that but for some reason it does not ease my paranoia. I've busted out our little fetal heartrate monitor that I used to use at the beinning of the pregnancy and started using it again. I just NEED to hear her beating in there.

Nursery Update: We finished Charleigh's bumper (by "WE" I mean, my sewing slave, Big Mama, and the mouse in her pocket). I did whip-stitch the bottom closed after she did all the hard work :) Glad I could help, haha!
It turned out EXACTLY as I pictured it in my mind! Damask on the inside, BIG polka dots on the outside and all the pink accents you can muster!

And here it is in it's place in our fabulous round crib that we FINALLY got! woo hoo! We are still working on the bedskirt.
And here is the final version of our Homemade Roman Shades. I had them waded up on the floor before we hung them so I apologize for the wrinkledness...I plan to steam them soon :) Also, the treadmill will soon be removed as I don't think Charleigh will be needing it.

This week I get to pick up the rest of our furniture that I just found out will be finished by Saturday! I am SOOOOO excited to get all her stuff organized and set up.

And what I am most excited about this week is my shower up in Bama! I HAD to post a picture of the invitations...That's really Charleigh in that belly! Isn't it the cutest idea ever! My mom had something to do with this I KNOW! P.S. If you are in the Prattville/Coosada area on this date and time....stop by, the more the merrier!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so great with your growing baby bump!! I love the nursery, crib & all the fun colors & shapes! I would expect nothing less fabulous from you! :)
I am truly happy for you guys & I know Charleigh is lucky to have parents like yall!!
Love,
Crystal Hall

Mrs. J Manny said...

i JUST read the 30 week blog and didnt even realize you were to 31 now! dang chang. ok, so, you are cute! beyond words. dont you just love being pregnant and being adorable, and everyone looking at you like you are an angel with child. its fun. anywho, love that invite. such a cute idea! cant wait to see you!

Set Free to Rest said...

I love reading your blogs Christi! I love seeing pics of you and Charleigh and the too-cute room! But, I must say that it is such a hoot to read about Justin and the birthing classes - so funny! You guys definitely have me laughing! Have a fun and safe time in AL! Luv ya!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, you are so cute with a little belly!! I agree with Jill, people are just nicer to pregnant women and they look at them like they are angels or something...it's awesome! Anywho, I love her round crib and bedding, it's precious! 9 more weeks!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Christi, you are so stinkin' adorable! And the nursery is really stinkin' adorable as well! :) I can't believe little Charleigh will be here so soon!!!!

I love you guys, and am so so excited!!!

Mckenzie Neale said...

Hi Christi,
Congradulations, on the little bundle of joy! I don't know how you feel about me writing you but if your curious, please feel free to email me at mckenzie_neale@yahoo.com.
You and Sharry have grown into beautiful young women. Have a blessed life! Your sister, Mckenzie Neale

Anonymous said...

Hi Christi,

I ran across your blog while googling 14 week ultrasound pictures and I just have to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. You seem like such a neat family and I find myself waiting to see what you will post next. I love that you have documented your pregnancy since the beginning. I am 18 weeks pregnant now and you have given me lots of ideas. I still don't know what I am having yet, but I think it will be a boy based on an ultrasound that I had done when I was 14 weeks. =-) Children are a blessing and I wish you and your husband the very best.
By the way, I love what you have done to Charleigh's baby room. Your designs are awesome. The baby shower invite is darling as well. I can't wait to check out your monograming website as well.

Take care,
Danielle Hooks, TX
dmhooks@mac.com

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

Nursery is ADORABLE! I love the big polka-dots! Invitations are absolutely precious!!!

Unknown said...

Okay, so I have been to your blog several times today to read this post and got side tracked everytime...finally, I can comment.
1) Your husband is so darn funny!!!
2) You are so darn cute!! I only wish I had been that adorable at 31 weeks!! I kind of don't like you anymore :) Okay, totally kidding!!
3) you and Big Mamma need to go into room designing! SOOOOO stinkin cute girlie!! Can you please come redo my kids rooms?? Love it!!

Hope you guys have a blast watching that video next week :) It's not near as bad as it looks :) and there is a HUGE reward in the end!!!