layout

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sorry Charleigh!

Two things I must apologize to my daughter for: #1 - I have been SO busy keeping up with orders from the Prissy Pink Polka Dot that I haven't taken the time to craft cute things for HER! (This post is to rectify that) and #2 - In the last couple of weeks I have been informed of SEVERAL little girls that are being named Charlie, or Charlee, or Charley....and then my mom called me yesterday to tell me that on the "Most Trendy Names of 2009" List, guess what was #8...ahhhh! I promise I was trying to be original, but I'm afraid she may end up another "Christi" in a sea of Christy's like her mother. Sorry baby girl! (At least your name has meaning, else I'd be all depressed).

Anyway, here are my latest creations for baby Charleigh girl: Information overload right? Okay, I'll break it down...below is a personalized burp cloth with fabric and coordinating ribbon. I then used the same fabric and appliquéd it on in the shape of a "C" and stitched her name on top of it. Now, she can throw up on it if she wants :)

Next is a pacy clip, pink and green of course (I was going for a theme here). I feel like this one kinda looks classy or grown-up with the little formal green print ribbon and the three-letter monogram. Had to add the polka dots of course.

Here is a onesie to match her coordnating burp cloth above. I made one of these appliquéd onesies for a friend, not thinking much of it...and now everytime I make it for someone it's their favorite thing. So, figured I needed to make one for Charleigh too.

And my proudest creation (because it took the longest, and the most effort, and I made it from SCRATCH, and it was the first one I've made!) To make a long story short, I took two flour sack cloths, added a thin layer of batting, appliquéd my letter on one side, added my pink and green ribbons, and finished with the green binding around the neck. :) I'm pretty proud of my funky little bib.

And since my husband is NEVER in any of my "preggo" pictures. I wanted to include this one from tuesday night...we went to Olive Baptist's Dinner Theatre. I wish my belly was in the picture so Charleigh would know that she's there too



**Update** Oh, I almost forgot to include pictures of the Auburn themed stuff I made for my friend Laura and her sweet baby boy Will! He will be here 3 weeks before Charleigh (we think).


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I want you to teach me how to applique!! My machine can do it...but, i've tried to figure it out and can't :( It is sooooo cute! love all of your beautiful goodies :)

Big Mama said...

I'm loving the appliqued initial with the name monogramed over it. Cute man, too.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

You are SOOO awesome Christi! I am so thoroughly impressed with you crafting skills. You are going to be one cute, crafty mama! I really love you so much. THANK YOU for your encouraging comment on my blog. It was just what I needed today, my heart!

Anonymous said...

I love all the stuff you have made for baby Charleigh!! They are just so cute!! It makes me really sad reading about the name being popular..We chose Charlie because we thought it would be different too. I mean come on..how many people want to give their baby girl a boy name...oh well!! i know we dont know each other well..but I am so excited for you guys!!